• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know I’ve seen PC popover pics posted by @mossrockss that are pretty inspiring. This is all I found in a quick search of his blog; maybe he can point to some better ones.
https://www.menswearmusings.com/first-signs-of-autumn/

Before you order, see if you can get one of your existing shirts on and off without undoing the bottom buttons. You might want to increase the measurements there. I think their customer service people could advise you on that topic.

Thanks, just what I was looking for. Might try to pick up a lightweight one for the summer in a nice white. Appreciate the pictures.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
great cloth......great collar....

but cmon fellas, popvers???.....really?.......why?

its good for sleeping, or the beach....... or after some hot sex maybe

but for a well dressed man in the wild?...

....why?

If you wear a tie, nobody knows. If you don't, it's a little sportier, like a polo but woven instead of knit so it wears better under a jacket, and is a bit more flattering if you're not perfectly fit.

DEE1970

Reaction score
You could be grateful and patient. @Seph just answered your question in the affirmative.
You're right saskatoonjay and I really don't want to appear argumentative, but this is a seasonal item so I can't afford to be too patient! I'm a real fan of Seph's and his business, this is a very simple request from a loyal customer who has spent thousands of $ with PC and wants to spend more.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you wear a tie, nobody knows. If you don't, it's a little sportier, like a polo but woven instead of knit so it wears better under a jacket, and is a bit more flattering if you're not perfectly fit.

ok ok.....ok.....

I respect your thoughts

bluescholar

Reaction score
Gianni Agnelli wore a popover when meeting the visiting Kennedy’s or something like that. Part of the laid back vibes of Italian tailoring.

Not sure if I would ever get one myself though.

bluescholar

Reaction score
I’m such a sucker for that Marrakech look book [emoji16]

Waiting on a “Portuguese faded rose seersucker” PCF2539
View attachment 1153961

and a “light blue bengal stripe linen” PCF2239.
View attachment 1153962
Have you gotten a PC seersucker before? I’ve been wanting to get the tonal navy version for some time but concerned about proper care so curious as to your methodology. I drop off all of my laundry and don’t own a washer or dryer so not sure what I’d tell the cleaners.

shhQuiet

Reaction score
Have you gotten a PC seersucker before? I’ve been wanting to get the tonal navy version for some time but concerned about proper care so curious as to your methodology. I drop off all of my laundry and don’t own a washer or dryer so not sure what I’d tell the cleaners.

Nope, first one. It’s waiting for me on my front porch right now. Shouldn’t be unusual care- I do my own washing and usually only dry a little bit- hang up while slightly damp. I’ll read the care label and report back [emoji16]

shhQuiet

Reaction score
Out of the washer and drying now on a hanger. Here’s the care tag:

IMG_2034.jpg

I can already tell I’m gonna love this shirt [emoji16]

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No summer heat in Canada in April, but I ordered a summer shirt to prepare. Shortsleeved band collar shirt in Sage Heavy Oxford. I think it’ll be super-versatile.

pmestrad

Reaction score
Anyone own or seen the dark teal linen-wool hopsack? Seems fairly versatile jacket for S/S but just wondering anyone else's thoughts on it.

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i own something lighter in a w/s/l pretty versatile. that teal is so dark it will read as just different from a navy sport coat.

what is the difference between bedford and cleverly cut?

counselor

Reaction score
what is the difference between bedford and cleverly cut?

Allen - half canvas, medium shoulder padding, medium sleeve head

Bedford - half canvas, no shoulder padding, light sleeve head

Waverly - no canvas, no shoulder padding, no sleeve head

Last edited:

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

counselor

Reaction score
thanks. No canvas is a no for me. i know that's where the market is pushing people, but no.

FYI, you can customize any jacket and choose between Allen, Bedford, or Waverly construction. I wish there was a full canvas option.

Allen - half canvas, medium shoulder padding, medium sleeve head

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads