• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
new summer weight oxfords - green and light blue are on point - i wish they had done those in a cotton/linen blend and added a light brown

pmestrad

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on experiences with proper cloth custom sized jacket system? Did it work out well for you? Did you send in measurements or send in a garment or simply send in your measurements? Thanks!

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on experiences with proper cloth custom sized jacket system? Did it work out well for you? Did you send in measurements or send in a garment or simply send in your measurements? Thanks!
There’s a nice review of the finished product here by @mossrockss but he doesn’t say anything about the sizing process because he got a freebie based on alterations to a regular size. Maybe he knows more now. @mossrockss ?

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There’s a nice review of the finished product here by @mossrockss but he doesn’t say anything about the sizing process because he got a freebie based on alterations to a regular size. Maybe he knows more now. @mossrockss ?
Yeah the system wasn’t live when I did it. But after it was, I answered their questionnaire and the measurements it spit out were actually really good. Except the length. They’d have put me in a jacket a good 3/4”-1” too short.
My one downside still remains which is that the shoulders don’t fit me great. I think extra width would help but haven’t confirmed with my tailor whether he thinks that’s the actual culprit for the shoulder fit.

counselor

Reaction score
I was probably one of the first to receive one, as I ordered within a few days of the launch. I provided all of my own measurements and didn't consult with PC beforehand. All of the measurements were impressively precise and the construction is excellent.

Unfortunately, my jacket's chest doesn't fit me so PC offered to remake it. As soon as I get my size dialed in on this jacket, I will immediately order more.

The maximum chest size is determined by the bicep width selected. I'm a lean guy, so I went for a pretty narrow bicep width (7.4"). That resulted in a maximum chest size was 19.1" across, or 39.2" in circumference. That would probably be good for someone who wears a size 37 jacket. Although it makes sense that 19.1" would be the literal measurement (all of the other measurements are), I wasn't sure and incorrectly assumed "Size 39, excellent". My chest actually measures 39" but my shoulders are a size 38R, which means I likely need a jacket with roughly a 20.5" chest and a 17.8" shoulder. Increasing the chest size will require marginally increasing the bicep width. All that to say, as-is, the jacket is very tight in the chest and pulls in the midsection.

Last edited:

pmestrad

Reaction score
Hey guys, I commissioned some of the cotton linen pants from propercloth. The fabric is actually quite lovely and I like the color a lot. Can you guys help me out with the fit though? I am trying to get them to drape better, especially over my seat. I think I may need a bit more room in the thighs, maybe a touch less in the seat, and maybe a bit more in the waist, but am open to suggestions. I am unsure about the rise. For reference, the pants are fitting about 3 finger widths below my belly button. I have a small waist and large glutes/thighs from weight lifting. I find it very difficult to get pants that fit right and am just looking for some guidance. I can either take it to the tailor or send it back to them for adjustments. Thanks!

Photo on 5-11-19 at 6.02 PM #2.jpg

Photo on 5-11-19 at 6.02 PM #3.jpg

Photo on 5-11-19 at 6.02 PM.jpg

Photo on 5-11-19 at 6.02 PM #4.jpg

shhQuiet

Reaction score
Hey guys, I commissioned some of the cotton linen pants from propercloth. The fabric is actually quite lovely and I like the color a lot. Can you guys help me out with the fit though? I am trying to get them to drape better, especially over my seat. I think I may need a bit more room in the thighs, maybe a touch less in the seat, and maybe a bit more in the waist, but am open to suggestions. I am unsure about the rise. For reference, the pants are fitting about 3 finger widths below my belly button. I have a small waist and large glutes/thighs from weight lifting. I find it very difficult to get pants that fit right and am just looking for some guidance. I can either take it to the tailor or send it back to them for adjustments. Thanks!

View attachment 1174501

View attachment 1174502

View attachment 1174503

View attachment 1174504

Nice looking pants, I’ve been thinking about ordering those very ones.

I would agree with you about bigger thighs. Seems like the pants are gripping your thighs a bit which is causing them to not fall correctly and results in the excess around the seat. Hard to say if you need to take in the seat any, but more thigh I would agree with. The seat may drape better and be fine once the legs are larger. I’d say if you can pull the legs down and the seat looks ok you would know.

I think if you are comfortable with how the pants rest on your hips then the rise is fine.

pmestrad

Reaction score
Nice looking pants, I’ve been thinking about ordering those very ones.

I would agree with you about bigger thighs. Seems like the pants are gripping your thighs a bit which is causing them to not fall correctly and results in the excess around the seat. Hard to say if you need to take in the seat any, but more thigh I would agree with. The seat may drape better and be fine once the legs are larger. I’d say if you can pull the legs down and the seat looks ok you would know.

I think if you are comfortable with how the pants rest on your hips then the rise is fine.

Thanks for your comment. So you think maybe solely focus on the lower hips and thighs for this?

blindlemonjeff

Reaction score
Had my measurements done in the PC showroom recently, and my shirt came in looking absolutely horrendous. I know they offer free alterations and remake the entire shirt, but given that so much of a good custom shirt is down to the person doing the measuring, I'm not convinced a remake is going to do me much good.

Has anyone been measured competently in the showroom? And if so, by whom?

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had my measurements done in the PC showroom recently, and my shirt came in looking absolutely horrendous. I know they offer free alterations and remake the entire shirt, but given that so much of a good custom shirt is down to the person doing the measuring, I'm not convinced a remake is going to do me much good.

It’s not over. I had a similar experience and they made me a new shirt based on photos I sent them and my own assessments of what felt wrong.

beanmachine314

Reaction score

I was measured by Nick on 5/16 and just got my first shirt last night. Threw it on and it was just about perfect. Washed and dried it last night so we'll see if it shrinks any. I may increase some of the measurements a touch on my next one, but I don't like my shirts as slim as some people.

Edit to add: I was also measured for a suit, but have been hesitant as I can't seem to find a way to get the rise measurement correct. It seems as though you can only go up to 11.5" front rise. I've even tried going up a size and bringing the rest of the measurements down. Is there no way to get a 12.5+" rise on a half waist of 18.5-19"? I've been ordering all my pants through another MTM place, but I was interested in PC because I could try on a jacket and it fit me great so I'm confident in that, but if the front rise can't come up to 12.5-13" I'm a bit wary of that. Anything less than that doesn't get over my hips and falls off of me.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads