• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which shipping carrier does Proper Cloth use for the United States?
I've found that shipping packages directly to a FedEx or UPS store has made for a significantly better shipping experience. Thanks
We're not neighbors (but we are 'Muricans!!), but PC has always shipped FedEx to me in SoCal, regardless of cost. Agree as well. FedEx is far and away my preferred method of shipment.

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So...any chance that the straight hem will ever be an option to go along with the camp collar?

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Soft Roma is really too small? Or you like the two button band?

The shirts i have from multiple italian makers all have a much wider placket, 1.75 inches, which i think helps the collar stsy up when open.
  • In addition, i would love to see a collar with the following dimensions:
    3.75 inch collar points
    6.75 inch spread
    1.5 inch collar band height, front
    1.625 inch rear collar band height
    Zero tie space
    One button
    Thick/stiff fused interlining
    The zero tie space is very consistent with the bespoke shirts i have from multiple southern italian makers
    Also, you collar stay holder opening should be wider to accomodate wide soft plastic stays most of the italian makers use, only needs to be .25 inches wider.
    I'd call this collar the napoli

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can I get some feedback please? My first shirt was way too slim, had it remade and this is it. They miscut the collar so I'm going to have to have it remade again. Any other thoughts on the fit? Take in the shoulders a smidge? I feel like the sleeves are a bit full but not sure if that's something they can change. Any other suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

IMG_20181231_172300.jpg

IMG_20181231_172113.jpg

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can I get some feedback please? My first shirt was way too slim, had it remade and this is it. They miscut the collar so I'm going to have to have it remade again. Any other thoughts on the fit? Take in the shoulders a smidge? I feel like the sleeves are a bit full but not sure if that's something they can change. Any other suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

View attachment 1098943

View attachment 1098944
I’d consider reducing the sleeve width and maybe mid width and bottom width

cyclemanic

Reaction score
We're slowly but surely making our way through a long list of ideas and new styles...

Gonna put in my vote for a tweaked Milano collar too, though was wondering if you would consider a less stiff fused interlining (not just for the Milano, but across the board)? I have this on another shirt from elsewhere, and the balance between neatness and flexibility is really quite nice. The regular stiff fusing just feels a little too hard.

As for fabrics, I'm hoping there would be stronger offerings for classic patterns in other colours like green and brown, specifically those darker shades of forest/olive green and chocolate -- think Bengal stripe broadcloths, linens etc. These are fabrics your competitors are carrying and which I suspect PC customers would react well to.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics