• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Project: What are your favorite men's clothing e-commerce websites?

aaaeeeiiiooouuu

Reaction score
Context; Blackbird; Need Supply; Barneys; South Willard; Tres Bien; Roden Gray

For me, like most, it's due to a combination of usability/aesthetics and which stores carry the brands I like

Things I like to see:
- clean interface w/ an emphasis on photos of items rather than text walls and ugly banners/frames
- measurement tips for the specific garment being viewed (ie, not a general sizing guide which is ******* obtuse, unless everything is from the same season & designer)
- w/ that in mind, it really helps to post the model's measurements and the size of the garment in the photo
- mega-enlargeable, high-res photos, not taken w/ a point-and-shoot (SSENSE does good here). need to be able to see the details
- list of brands and departments (eg, shoes; knits) in the frame. i already know what i like; i don't need to search by color
- all relevant garment info on the garment's page (eg, country of origin; fabric composition)
- being able to see store's inventory in descending order by arrival date

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Context is by far the easiest to navigate and I love their measurements, Tobi is good as well but I kinda prefer their old design.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Taobao.com where I normally go. Things i do NOT like to see and hear on an e-commerce site; Flash and music...... Italian fashion and sales websites, you know who you are!. They serve no purpose here, save them for Sesame Street or Teletubbies.

TheDroog

Reaction score
Among major e-retailers, I like how LL Bean Signature's pages are organized. The "Key Looks" subpage shows how to put various looks together, which I imagine is helpful to lots of guys. The product pages are clean, photos are large, and they allow zooming in to see fabric texture. I would like to see more photographs from various angles however. The comments section is a major plus, as I tend to read them before buying.

I've never been to Context before, but just looking through, it's very clean with lots of information and photos -- worthy of emulating.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads