• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Prada Suits -- recent styles

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1. Besides Tom Ford Dolce and Gabanna mainline is the one fashion brand i like. A bit expensive at retail but when you find them at C21 for under 500 i think they are a great deal.

Yeah I like Dolce and Gabbana. Their mainline suits, if scored for under $500 are among the best bangs for the buck out there. They are similar quality to Ralph Lauren Black Label, and it always surprises me when people dump on this brand but ass kiss Ralph Lauren. I can understand dumping all over Dolce if you dont dig the cuts or styling of suits, but numerous call Dolce junk and then say Ralph Lauren Black Label are good quality. Always cracks me up, it makes me think those people have never owned a Dolce suit or they are confusing diffusion line D&G with Mainline. A bit like judging Armani Black Label based on their diffusion lines.

Both are absolute crap

:eh:, you saying Armani = crap? Have you ever owned a Giorgio Armani Black Label suit? If not, I suggest you look at one sometime. If you call that crap, then are Hermes or Kiton mediocre in your opinion? I presume you are thinking of Emporio or AJ.

Last edited:

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Important to keep in mind that even though Zegna produces canvassed Gucci suits, they also make the fused models as well.

JTA

Reaction score

Yeah I like Dolce and Gabbana. Their mainline suits, if scored for under $500 are among the best bangs for the buck out there. They are similar quality to Ralph Lauren Black Label, and it always surprises me when people dump on this brand but ass kiss Ralph Lauren. I can understand dumping all over Dolce if you dont dig the cuts or styling of suits, but numerous call Dolce junk and then say Ralph Lauren Black Label are good quality. Always cracks me up, it makes me think those people have never owned a Dolce suit or they are confusing diffusion line D&G with Mainline. A bit like judging Armani Black Label based on their diffusion lines.
:eh:, you saying Armani = crap? Have you ever owned a Giorgio Armani Black Label suit? If not, I suggest you look at one sometime. If you call that crap, then are Hermes or Kiton mediocre in your opinion? I presume you are thinking of Emporio or AJ.

I'm of the same opinion as you. Not worth at full price but if you can score a bargain I won't hesitate to grab them.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you do not know WTF you are talking about STOP POASTING!
Let's not perpetuate ignorance by stating BS on what is supposed to be an informative forum.

ummmmm..........this is HIS opinion, so how can he be wrong and why should he stop posting?

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ummmmm..........this is HIS opinion, so how can he be wrong and why should he stop posting?

Hitler also had opinions (and happend to have Hugo Boss--although this is irrelevant to my point) and all of his opinions were wrong.

Some simple research or even a search of this forum would tell you that there is nothing luxurous or quality about Hugo Boss.

Newbs with incorrect "facts" touted as opinions is double wrong.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hitler also had opinions (and happend to have Hugo Boss--although this is irrelevant to my point) and all of his opinions were wrong.
Some simple research or even a search of this forum would tell you that there is nothing luxurous or quality about Hugo Boss.
Newbs with incorrect "facts" touted as opinions is double wrong.

so if someone is happy with a particular suit or brand - which, in this case, happens to not be your particular choice/preference - then they are wrong because you say so??

Anyway, to get this thread back on track, the OP should post some pics of the Prada suit :nodding:

ismelllikepoop

Reaction score
Hey if you go against SF groupthink, you're done here. "newbies" that talk about hugo boss on here are crucified, but thats :deadhorse: Hell there were posts when I first joined about suits literally falling apart when it touched a few drops of rain, and apparently it was common, or others complaining of quality difference in a $600 boss suit to a purple label suit etc etc. But i hope most people can use common sense. Anyways my only experience with prada was a few years ago, i dont even know what happened to it after moving from place to place. I liked it and the fabric felt nice. Only issue was the cut seemed very fashion forward and didn't feel that there were many opportunities to wear it, but for those times I did I got compliments.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

D&G is, Dolce and Gabanna mainline is actually not bad for its price point.

I disagree. None of the mainline Dolce & Gabbana suits I have tried (only a few, admittedly) were canvassed.

I owned one, temporarily, and wore it to a tailor in Toronto (Lou Myles), who proceeded to call it utter crap.

Dolce suits retail for nearly $2K.

Guccis are (or were) made by Zegna in Switzerland, and are superior to most of the other runway brands.

so if someone is happy with a particular suit or brand - which, in this case, happens to not be your particular choice/preference - then they are wrong because you say so??

Yes, to the extent that the point about subjectivity you are trying but miserably failing to articulate is wholly irrelevant to the topic at hand and in a general sense largely bullshit.

Last edited:

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be interested to see who made my Prada suit when I get it back from the tailor. I'll post some pictures.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I disagree. None of the mainline Dolce & Gabbana suits I have tried (only a few, admittedly) were canvassed.
I owned one, temporarily, and wore it to a tailor in Toronto (Lou Myles), who proceeded to call it utter crap.
Dolce suits retail for nearly $2K.
Guccis are (or were) made by Zegna in Switzerland, and are superior to most of the other runway brands.

I believe you, but I have certainly owned a few Dolce mainline suits in my time, and they have all been canvassed. I will admit it has been quite a while since I last purchased one though, so perhaps standards have dropped? If that is the case, I retract my comments that they were decent suits. Perhaps they have become like Prada and Gucci, who clearly offer two levels of suits, one level very good, other level borderline garbage. I am surprised though that a major clothing brand would have the audacity to ask $2K for trash.

Last edited:

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I believe you, but I have certainly owned a few Dolce mainline suits in my time, and they have all been canvassed. I will admit it has been quite a while since I last purchased one though, so perhaps standards have dropped? If that is the case, I retract my comments that they were decent suits. Perhaps they have become like Prada and Gucci, who clearly offer two levels of suits, one level very good, other level borderline garbage. I am surprised though that a major clothing brand would have the audacity to ask $2K for trash.

The one i have from 5 years ago is canvassed, and the ones i checked out at saks were canvassed as well. But it might be different lines cuz they have some "Martini" line and "golden something" or w/e. In my experience with Gucci and Prada their uncanvassed suits/jackets are at the 1.5k price point and their higher level ones are 2-3k sometimes around 4. I agree with your comment regarding RLBL vs dolce mainline but its understandable how come people prefer them as they are all fully canvassed so it saves on confusion when buying a suit. But TBH even though im a fan of and own many different silhouettes Theory, TF, Attolini, Kiton, Brioni, Zegna, Steed, NSM (depending on my mood) I even borrow my friends Oxxford suit from time to time to changes things up. RLBL never did it for me, the look just seemed off even though theoretically i do have the ideal build for it 6ft, 175 pounds with a 30 inch waist. Cant really explain it, on me it sort of looked like the shoulders and chest were built up which didnt go with the size of the lapels. Probably just nitpicking but ive never been a fan of RLBL

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The one i have from 5 years ago is canvassed, and the ones i checked out at saks were canvassed as well. But it might be different lines cuz they have some "Martini" line and "golden something" or w/e. In my experience with Gucci and Prada their uncanvassed suits/jackets are at the 1.5k price point and their higher level ones are 2-3k sometimes around 4. I agree with your comment regarding RLBL vs dolce mainline but its understandable how come people prefer them as they are all fully canvassed so it saves on confusion when buying a suit. But TBH even though im a fan of and own many different silhouettes Theory, TF, Attolini, Kiton, Brioni, Zegna, Steed, NSM (depending on my mood) I even borrow my friends Oxxford suit from time to time to changes things up. RLBL never did it for me, the look just seemed off even though theoretically i do have the ideal build for it 6ft, 175 pounds with a 30 inch waist. Cant really explain it, on me it sort of looked like the shoulders and chest were built up which didnt go with the size of the lapels. Probably just nitpicking but ive never been a fan of RLBL

Same thoughts. On my expedition, I tried a couple RLBLs. I was not impressed with the fabric, but more importantly the silhouette was a little too extreme for me -- the padding on the shoulders was kind of intense. The canvassing felt nice and the waist suppression is cool thought.

Kiwi Man

Reaction score

+1. Besides Tom Ford Dolce and Gabanna mainline is the one fashion brand i like. A bit expensive at retail but when you find them at C21 for under 500 i think they are a great deal.

What is c21? I would love to know!

Both are absolute crap

More hatred for Hugo Boss..... Oh well........

I'll be interested to see who made my Prada suit when I get it back from the tailor. I'll post some pictures.

That would be great. I'm looking forward to it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics