• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Prada Suits -- recent styles

arun21

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. Good to know about Bluefly... I'll probably pass on that one now then.

How about this one from Mr Porter? https://www.mrporter.com/product/174643

I'm told that this Lanvin suit includes a "fully lined floating canvas". This is obviously much better than the Prada one from bluefly - but the price seems a little low.. .what am I missing in this?

Last edited:

arun21

Reaction score
I've been talking to bluefly about the MSRP on their suit - they say $2200. I went to the Prada store here in NYC and they said something like that shouldn't cost more than $1500. They don't even carry fused/lined suits in the store here.

Of course bluefly wont admit or mention it on the product page.

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Thanks for the tip. Good to know about Bluefly... I'll probably pass on that one now then.
How about this one from Mr Porter? https://www.mrporter.com/product/174643
I'm told that this Lanvin suit includes a "fully lined floating canvas". This is obviously much better than the Prada one from bluefly - but the price seems a little low.. .what am I missing in this?

>$2k for a suit and you're worried it's too cheap? Only on StyleForum...anyway, this suit is an example of currently fashionable-in-some-circles extremely short jacket and high buttoning point. Personally I think it looks terrible, and if you're looking for a suit to wear in an office/conservative setting then it's probably not appropriate, but if you like it and want to wear it out at night or something, go for it.

arun21

Reaction score
It's not about it being too "cheap." It's about getting what you pay for. You can easily get a half-canvassed or even full floating canvas suit from some brands for that $2-2.5k price point. I'm just annoyed that they would advertise it as having that MSRP.

If I want a fused/lined suit, I would just spend $800 and get a zzegna or something similar. (which I currently have one of and it's nice).

arun21

Reaction score
And I'll be the first to admit it, me and probably many of us here obsess about stupid minor details that are meaningless in the long run. "Canvas or fused suit?! Life is so hard!"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads