• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post your five all-time favorite videogames

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish BG were here to mock and generalize you nerds.
tounge.gif

I cannot narrow it down to 5, but some of my favourites include:
SMB 2 (NES)
Civ II (PC)
Zelda: Link To The Past (SNES)
Final Fantasy II (SNES)
Aladdin (Genesis, greatest Disney game ever)

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get to do fifteen since I've played a lot of video games:

Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon (N64)
Katamari Damacy (PS2)
Vib Ribbon (PS)
Radiant Silvergun (Saturn)
Guardian Heroes (Saturn)
Ogre Battle 64 (N64)
Zombies Ate My Neighbors (SNES)
Okami (PS2)
Shadow of the Colossus (PS2)
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (DC)
Rez (DC)
Super Mario World (SNES)
Winning Eleven 2007 (PS2)
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
Seaman (DC)

The Dreamcast is the greatest console ever. It goes something like this:

1)Dreamcast
2-3)SNES and PlayStation 2
4)Nintendo DS

Most NES games have not aged well. I left PC games off my list because there's no way I could create a list of PC and console games. I love, love, love PC games.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jonglover
I get to do fifteen since I've played a lot of video games:

Katamari Damacy (PS2)
Seaman (DC)

Two awesome, glaring omissions from my list. Seaman was the shizzle!

The Dreamcast is the greatest console ever. It goes something like this:

1)Dreamcast
2-3)SNES and PlayStation 2
Agreed wholeheartedly. I still have a modded dreamcast in my closet somewhere. I don't have any games tho.

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In no particular order.

Sam and Max Hit the Road
Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear (R6 II)
Half-Life (1 & 2)
Grand Theft Auto Vice City
Max Payne (1 & 2)

Honorable mentions:
Age of Empires
Far Cry
Operation Flashpoint
Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed (arguably the best NFS)

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait, aren't you going to mock and generalize us?

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
15? Come on. Also, Dreamcast was sweet but can't touch SNES.

Cop-out total, I know.
tounge.gif
I'm so bad at creating "all-time" lists.

I agree, the SNES has a better array of classics, but the Dreamcast was just so amazing for what it was. Such a glut of amazing games in such a short period of time, and it really was the end of an era (hardcore gaming). Under Defeat, Cosmic Smash, Soul Calibur, Jet Grind Radio, Ikaruga, Rez, Tech Romancer, Power Stone 2, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Virtual On, etc. Combined with the fact that the Neo Geo Pocket served as the console's handheld (definitley the most hardcore handheld ever; I still play Cardfighters Clash)...*swoon*. Plus, the Dreamcast was king while I was in high school. It was the first time I ever had my own money, working a job, and it was so rewarding to buy games. I remember pre-ordering Marvel vs. Capcom and having to wait over a month to get a copy (our GameStop got, like, 2 copies). I really don't think I'll go through a period like this again in my "gaming life" as everything just set up so perfectly: the flood of awesome, hardcore titles, my monetary situation, the unbridled teenage excitement for videogames.

Good times.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Super Mario Kart
Sensible Soccer
Fifa 05/06
Gran Turismo
Halo
I can't recall the names of any Commodore 64 games (circa 1985/86) but the thrill of that first computer was amazing. After that I had Sega Master System, Commodore Amiga, Nintendo 64, Playstation, Playstation 2. Wish I had the time or energy to to still play.

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Prince of Persia
Tekken series
Half Life series + mods
Street fighter series
Grand Theft Auto series

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Prince of Persia! Oh yeah Prince of Persia 2: Sands of Time was such a great game. Made me rethink how to play games and it was just done so well with the little bits of humor. The controls once you got into the system were fantastic.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Marble Madness
Qbert
Donkey Kong 2
Prince of Persia (that old Mac game)

I can't think of a fifth one.

b

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by evilgeniusdan
In no particular order. Sam and Max Hit the Road Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear (R6 II) Half-Life (1 & 2) Grand Theft Auto Vice City Max Payne (1 & 2) Honorable mentions: Age of Empires Far Cry Operation Flashpoint Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed (arguably the best NFS)
Definitely the best NFS. I don't think there will ever be a road-car racing game that is a better overall game than Porsche Unleashed was. EA did a great job on their F1 series before they stopped making them as well. Without a doubt, the best physics engine in a racing game ever. Also, nearly impossible to play on the highest difficulty level.

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
I wish BG were here to mock and generalize you nerds.
tounge.gif

I am here to contribute! I have not played video games much by myself since I was a kid, but I play games socially from time to time. It's hard to name favorites, but I'm into: Tekken 5, play as Hwoarang (Marduk as secondary). I've beaten people who play this game professionally (they beat me more, but hey). Super Bomberman, in which I am supernaturally skilled. Winning Eleven, which is a borderline meditative experience. Bushido Blade We Love Katamari

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads