• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your very favorite video game?

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How's your tekken going ?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
SNES:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time
Legend of Zelda
Super Mario World
Street Fighter

PC:

Neverwinter Nights
CS: Source
Call of Duty
FarCry
Rainbow Six
Icewind Dale (what a classic)

N64:

PERFECT DARK
Goldeneye
Mario Kart
Super Mario 64
WWF No Mercy

PS2:

Entire Metal Gear series
Madden series

Lamo

Reaction score
ah, how could i forget icewind dale? that game rules. played the expansion packs but never could get into icewind dale 2...

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I've been playing the single player F.E.A.R. demo, debating on whether or not to purchase/illegally download it.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
That looks rad, B.

I know you'll be into it.. The story of the game is: you're an American with a Japanese-American girlfriend, who is blood-related to Yakuza. Something along the lines of her brother owes money to the Yakuza, so they kidnap your girlfriend, and you have to go to Japan and fight to get her back.

From what I understand, you hold the revmote and the gun in your hand (on screen) reflects exactly the motions of your hand (notice how when the guy is holding the revmote tilted to one side, the gun on screen is also tilted)- although from my understanding you don't have to put your arm out so far that it gets tired, you can rest it on your knee and use simple motions to control your gun movement. Also, from what I understand, if you flip the revmote around, your character pulls out a katana, and through motions of the revmote you can hack and slash your enemies.

Homme, I started using Steve.
blush.gif
Every now and then I pick DJ, Kaz or Jin to switch it up (and my EWGF is getting much better, especially after your advice about hitting d+2, d/f), but my friend / Tekken mentor is telling me that I should learn how to win first, because I will never gauge my skill and learn techniques if I am prepared to lose every round, like I do with Jin. With Steve, I win maybe 70/30 (there are some crappy guys and some really good ones too), and I can see what he means.. I'm definitely picking up the importance of low attacks, getting up correctly, etc. which I never really drilled myself on before. Since I started playing Steve and concentrating on precision and defense, I've been doing MUCH better vs. Bryan players, who I can now punish like its no ones business when they try to Snake Edge me.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I know you'll be into it.. The story of the game is: you're an American with a Japanese-American girlfriend, who is blood-related to Yakuza. Something along the lines of her brother owes money to the Yakuza, so they kidnap your girlfriend, and you have to go to Japan and fight to get her back.

To some people, I suppose that this would seem like an extraordinary string of events. For me, however, this is a Thursday.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man I cannot WAIT to play Red Steel. I am going to be dirt poor after the Rev launches.

Lamo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
Man I cannot WAIT to play Red Steel. I am going to be dirt poor after the Rev launches.

mmm, really, REALLY want to pick up XBox 360 but i'm just waiting for the PS3/Revo to come out...

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
I've been playing the single player F.E.A.R. demo, debating on whether or not to purchase/illegally download it.

Purchase-worthy. Scares the crap out of me (that is a good thing, btw)

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Right now I am playing Dragon Quest VIII
dq8487.jpg

Pretty darn good so far, and on top of that, it comes with a playable demo for Final Fantasy XII. Yes!

turbozed

Reaction score
My favorites:

NES: Double Dribble, Legend of Zelda, Pro Wrestling (I didn't have many cartridges
laugh.gif
)

Consoles besides NES: Super Smash Bros for N64 (countless hours playing this in college), Grand Theft Auto III (the concept was just so great at the time).

PC: TIE Fighter, Counter-strike (alpha to 1.3), Descent I and II (first time playing any game over the internet using IHHD and Kali), Secret of Monkey Island, World of Warcraft (first MMPORG to hook me).

Arcade: Mortal Kombat 2 (the version where you could juggle people), Street Fighter Zero (Alpha in U.S.) 2.

Half of my life went into video games. Pretty pathetic
crazy.gif

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Homme, I started using Steve.
blush.gif
Every now and then I pick DJ, Kaz or Jin to switch it up (and my EWGF is getting much better, especially after your advice about hitting d+2, d/f), but my friend / Tekken mentor is telling me that I should learn how to win first, because I will never gauge my skill and learn techniques if I am prepared to lose every round, like I do with Jin. With Steve, I win maybe 70/30 (there are some crappy guys and some really good ones too), and I can see what he means.. I'm definitely picking up the importance of low attacks, getting up correctly, etc. which I never really drilled myself on before. Since I started playing Steve and concentrating on precision and defense, I've been doing MUCH better vs. Bryan players, who I can now punish like its no ones business when they try to Snake Edge me.

I have to disagree here; i play with mokujin alot, not just to win, but because i get more enjoyment playing with him than i do with other chars. If i just wanted to win i would only use kaz. Anyone can 'win' using steve, but whats the point if you would prefer to use other characters ? The only way youll get better with jin, dj or kaz is if you play with them, against people who are equal/better than you. Jin is probably a little harder to win with than kaz or dj, but i like using him, he is a good character to use.

PS i always do really well against brian with kaz, twin pistons(when rising 1,2) is your friend, duck jabs / throw attempts, tp, then follow through with 1-2, f+1, f+2 . Works well
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads