• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your very favorite video game?

Earthmover

Reaction score
My favorite video game line in the world:

"The President has been kidnapped by Ninjas..."

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Homme
I use Kazuya much more than jin, the principle is the same though. Try to do it as though you are pressing right-punch before you do the d,d/f. Try with Kazuya first ... his ewgf is easier as it is only f,d/f not f,d,d/f. Timing is the key here, not how quickly you can pull off the motion.

I use Kaz as my main character as well, but I switched temporarily to DJ so I can get a more precise movement for EWGF. This is because I know you can kind of fudge the EWGF and get away with it on Kazuya because of the notation you said, f, n, d/f.

I'm certainly getting better though. It's weird because my problem isn't getting the WGF to be electric. If I was comparing WGF vs. EWGF I'd be probably 95% EWGF. My problem is something to do with the F, N, D (d/f for Kaz' mist step), because I end up getting d/f+2 a lot instead of WGF/EWGF. Not such a big deal for Kaz because the gut punch is fairly fast but DJ's d/f+2 is like 14 frames or something and very punishable. Especially bad vs. the guy who plays LAW over here and doesn't stop attacking with his way-too-safe moves.

Do you control the joystick and push it all the way as you go from F to N to D (almost a mini circle motion), or do you tap it F, let it retract to N, then push D?

Part of my problem is also that the arcade I usually play on has a Street Fighter-style stick with 8-corners and a really big distance between N and F, compared to the Hori stick I play with at home. I'd say I get EWGF about 90% of attempts with the Hori, and maybe 60% with the SF-style.

Thanks for responding btw, I knew there'd be at least one person who knows what I'm talking about
smile.gif

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Do you control the joystick and push it all the way as you go from F to N to D (almost a mini circle motion), or do you tap it F, let it retract to N, then push D?

Thanks for responding btw, I knew there'd be at least one person who knows what I'm talking about
smile.gif

At uni they have the small sticks, which are pretty fast; so generally i tap F, it retracts to N (very quickly) then follow through with d/f for Kaz or d,d/f for jin/hei.

If you are getting d/f+2 alot you probably aren't getting the joystick low enough get the full 'd' part of the input .... i find i can't ewgf as well with jin/hei as i can with kaz (it could possibly be the ****** sticks on the machine i use) as it takes a touch longer to 'slide' the stick around from d to d/f than it does to just tap d/f.

If I spent as much money on clothes or as much time in lectures as i did on tekken, i think i would be much, much better off. But i'm one of the best at uni, and i intend to keep it that way
tounge.gif

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thracozaag
"Full point!"
"half point"
"STOP! Judge.....white wins"
*cheesy asian music*

koji

I downloaded an emulator and this game (NES version); it isn't like the movie though, it's a little different to the arcade version. I wanted to fight in that dojo where the people clap, like in bloodsport. Instead you fight in a desert, with a guy standing on cactus.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Homme
I downloaded an emulator and this game (NES version); it isn't like the movie though, it's a little different to the arcade version. I wanted to fight in that dojo where the people clap, like in bloodsport. Instead you fight in a desert, with a guy standing on cactus.

If I recall correctly, the fights occured in several different venues.

koji

mrpologuy

Reaction score
The best videa game of all time is Tecmo Super Bowl. I am on website for dedicated freaks of the game and even have tournaments for it. Old NES was the greatest!!!
teacha.gif

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrpologuy
The best videa game of all time is Tecmo Super Bowl. I am on website for dedicated freaks of the game and even have tournaments for it. Old NES was the greatest!!!
teacha.gif

The original tecmo bowl ruled; you had two plays to choose from, heh.

koji

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Earthmover
My favorite video game line in the world:

"The President has been kidnapped by Ninjas..."

I can dream, can't I?

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VersaceMan
Bad Dudes?

"Are you a bad enough dude to save the president?"

Bad Dudes RULED.

*kill the boss with the heinous powerup-firepunch thingie*

"I'm BAD!!"

koji

TKDKid

Reaction score
I use Kaz as my main character as well, but I switched temporarily to DJ so I can get a more precise movement for EWGF. This is because I know you can kind of fudge the EWGF and get away with it on Kazuya because of the notation you said, f, n, d/f.

I'm certainly getting better though. It's weird because my problem isn't getting the WGF to be electric. If I was comparing WGF vs. EWGF I'd be probably 95% EWGF. My problem is something to do with the F, N, D (d/f for Kaz' mist step), because I end up getting d/f+2 a lot instead of WGF/EWGF. Not such a big deal for Kaz because the gut punch is fairly fast but DJ's d/f+2 is like 14 frames or something and very punishable. Especially bad vs. the guy who plays LAW over here and doesn't stop attacking with his way-too-safe moves.

Part of my problem is also that the arcade I usually play on has a Street Fighter-style stick with 8-corners and a really big distance between N and F, compared to the Hori stick I play with at home. I'd say I get EWGF about 90% of attempts with the Hori, and maybe 60% with the SF-style.

smile.gif

I tap f, release to N, push d and start pressing right-punch, so that the right-punch button registers about the same time as when I reach d/f. The f, N bit doesn't really matter though - the key is the d~d/f+2.

Having said that, I can only do EWGFs reasonably consistently when on the right side of the screen, i.e. when the joystick motion is all in the wrist. Probably why I'm not really much of a Mishima player.
tongue.gif

Brian SD

Reaction score
My friend is constantly telling me (in a Japanese accent), "I do not recommend you to use Misima or Jin. Since you are new, I recommend you to use 8-frame jabber like Bryan or Law."

I've completely ignored his advice and been using Asuka, Kazuya, Jin, and other 10-frame jabbers. I don't want to use Bryan, Christie, Law, Steve, whatever, because they're cheap asses with too good of frame data, too many safe moves (Law 1,2,4 after b+2,3,4 is so lame, always interrupts my jabs, Christe b+3,3 is the cheapest move in the game I tell ya!, Bryan's juggles are way too easy to do, especially since all you need is a sweep to start, and Steve is just too good all around).

I prefer Jin's style of Karate over Kaz, but I still play Kaz mostly because I think EWGF is the coolest move in the game. Especially cool with "DORYA!"

I think the best at my school is this filipino kid with glasses who comes in every once in awhile. I'm no where near the best, but at least I'm learning to play on difficult characters. You can always tell teh really good players because they have a great defense, get out of throws, block Bryan and Law's sweeps, etc.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Asteroids

TKDKid

Reaction score
My friend is constantly telling me (in a Japanese accent), "I do not recommend you to use Misima or Jin. Since you are new, I recommend you to use 8-frame jabber like Bryan or Law."

I've completely ignored his advice and been using Asuka, Kazuya, Jin, and other 10-frame jabbers. I don't want to use Bryan, Christie, Law, Steve, whatever, because they're cheap asses with too good of frame data, too many safe moves (Law 1,2,4 after b+2,3,4 is so lame, always interrupts my jabs, Christe b+3,3 is the cheapest move in the game I tell ya!, Bryan's juggles are way too easy to do, especially since all you need is a sweep to start, and Steve is just too good all around).

I prefer Jin's style of Karate over Kaz, but I still play Kaz mostly because I think EWGF is the coolest move in the game. Especially cool with "DORYA!"

I think the best at my school is this filipino kid with glasses who comes in every once in awhile. I'm no where near the best, but at least I'm learning to play on difficult characters. You can always tell teh really good players because they have a great defense, get out of throws, block Bryan and Law's sweeps, etc.

The really good players are the ones who manage to low parry everything!
crazy.gif

I use Hwoarang and Lee; I'm better with Lee, but I find playing with him a bit boring. I think his Acid Storm is the coolest move in the game though.
tongue.gif

And I hate Steve. Friend of mine uses him and I basically get battered every time...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads