• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photos of JLP Bespoke Fitting

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sammy
+2. That toebox is way too long. The whole shoe looks out of balance. What a waste.
plain.gif

+1,000

satorstyle

Reaction score
I think they are fine. Surely someone plunking this kind of cash on bespoke shoes has more than one pair at home. One who has a passion for fine shoes would have a great variety of styles and looks. They are bold and beautiful.

Bic Pentameter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Wouldn't cutting open the fitting shoe allow the fitter to get a look at how the foot fits inside that would otherwise be impossible?

Koji Suzuki cut open the trial shoe, and my pinkie toe poked out significantly from the side of the shoe.

The person who made my only other pair of bespoke shoes didn't cut open the trial shoe. For what it is worth, the fit on that pair is not better than some of my ready to wear shoes. The rub? On my little pinkie toe.

Bic

janne melkersson

Reaction score
As already said here the last is to big and that could have been avoided if the lastmaker have trusted the tape instead of using the mock-up as a measure of precaution.

However, the way the fitter is doing it here is nothing wrong. I might have chosen this method for a client with bad feet but definitely not for all clients.
This has nothing to do with the makers skill it is more about traditions and philosophy.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
and people say G&G shoes are snouty
eh.gif

fra

Reaction score
Is is really incredible to see to what extent bad taste of the client can waste a marvellous classic.

The shoe in picture 19 is simply splendid. Amongst the nicest I've ever seen from a side perspective. The shoe in picture 20 is simply awful.

Maybe a shoemaker with the pedigree of JLP should refuse to abide to any client request.

Originally Posted by nate10184
The shoe in picture 19 looks perfectly proportioned where the one in 20 appears to be the snouty one made for the client. Does it explain what the shoe in 19 is?

4-4.jpg

4-5.jpg

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fra
Is is really incredible to see to what extent bad taste of the client can waste a marvellous classic.

The shoe in picture 19 is simply splendid. Amongst the nicest I've ever seen from a side perspective. The shoe in picture 20 is simply awful.

Maybe a shoemaker with the pedigree of JLP should refuse to abide to any client request.

I must agree...

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fra
The shoe in picture 19 is simply splendid.

yes for nr. 19

no for regulations in this special case. with 400 pairs of shoes on the clock, it's obvious you wanna play around a bit...

it also explains imo, why they cut off the toe box. due to the snouty shape, the fit where the foot ends is essential.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads