• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paul Sargent (formerly Alfred Sargent) Appreciation Thread

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
25GBP is a deal killer?
I'd say the fact it's only 10% off is the real deal killer although they do take off VAT.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
http://www.bodileys.com/terms
OUTSIDE EUROPE Order value from £150 - £300 - £ 20 shipping charge
Order value from £300 - £500 - £25 shipping charge
Order value from £500 upwards - £30 shipping charge
All orders under a value of £150 - £ 15 shipping charge

rc121

Reaction score
ah... disregard then. I was mistakenly thinking when I selected location that was the shipping charge when it was actually subtracting the VAT. A little confusing but I got it now

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Keep in mind that AFPOS includes lasted trees with free shipping, a big difference.

AFPoS also sometimes gives a nice "surprise" present! :)

I believe the lasted trees are with the AFPoS x AS shoes whereas the Exclusives have regular trees (someone might be able a mor reliable source thought).

Free shipping is big... not to mention they have FAST shipping...

pbmonk

Reaction score
I just got a pair of the two eyelet Gibson from Sid Mashburn size 8 on the 99 last and it feels great- everywhere except my middle toe. Standing there is no problem, by when I walk and flex my foot my middle toe gets crushed by the end of the shoe. I could never have discerned this from a simple in-store try on, I had to wear them one day so I couldn't return them and find out the hard way... Has anyone had similar problems with the 99 last? Does the shoe narrow in a drastic and unusual manner? I am tempted to sell and purchase a half size up, but I dot even know if that would circumvent this problem. Maybe it will get better after breaking in? Any help would be appreciated.
With that being said, anyone looking for a size 8 in black hit me up. I could use an 8.5 I think.

Itsuo

Reaction score

I just got a pair of the two eyelet Gibson from Sid Mashburn size 8 on the 99 last and it feels great- everywhere except my middle toe. Standing there is no problem, by when I walk and flex my foot my middle toe gets crushed by the end of the shoe. I could never have discerned this from a simple in-store try on, I had to wear them one day so I couldn't return them and find out the hard way... Has anyone had similar problems with the 99 last? Does the shoe narrow in a drastic and unusual manner? I am tempted to sell and purchase a half size up, but I dot even know if that would circumvent this problem. Maybe it will get better after breaking in? Any help would be appreciated.
With that being said, anyone looking for a size 8 in black hit me up. I could use an 8.5 I think.

If it's extremely painful I would say sell them. However my experience with my AFPoS MTO Blakes and G&Gs was that I had a few different pinches and pains during the break in period. They've all passed and now my AS Blakes are one of my most comfortable. I would just do the normal things like wearing them in moderate frequency and duration, with an adequate break in between but not more than 2-3 days (so that any of the places that were rubbing/pinching get a chance to toughen up).

It's a bit of a gamble I guess but one thing I do is take the shoes for "walks" the first few weeks I have them, usually at night and in galoshes. This way I do the minimum amount of damage during initial break in. They won't be in returnable condition but they'll at least look barely used.

Good luck!

Last edited:

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

how did you size for the francis? I have the hunt and armfield on the 109 but never tried the 48 last
I believe you would take the same size on 48 as on 109
Stay the same size. Moore Monday:
11402539136_512b0a7870.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads