• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinion on this Corneliani navy SB blazer?

CarbonatedTsoda

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just bought a new Corneliani navy blazer to fill the slot of a versatile navy blazer in my wadrobe, but I'm beginning to have second thoughts about buying it. Its made of super 100s ultrafine merinos and looks to have MOP buttons. I don't have a ton of experience with jackets and what qualities I should look for, so I would appreciate it if some of you could express your opinions on it.

CNB01.jpg

CNB02.jpg

CNB03.jpg

CNB04.jpg

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I prefer blazers with side vents, 3 buttons and patch pockets but it looks great otherwise and is a quality jacket. I especially like the buttons and would love to get my hands on a set for my latest blazer.

scruff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You bought this for half price at Century 21. It's a good workhorse jacket, but the lack of back vent kills it for me. Also, the gorge is very low, which kill-kills it for me.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
p.s. If you decide to return the blazer to C21 and are willing to swap the buttons for a cheap set (they'll never know!), I'll give you $30 for them.
devil.gif

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the lack of vents ruins an otherwise great jacket in my opinion.

that being said, it's still a good jacket. i'm just not a fan of ventless coats, but to each his own.

things i do like about the jacket are: 1)it's corneliani - really like their wares; 2)kissing buttons; 3)mop buttons; 4)apparent good lapel roll

so there are a lot of things i like. just not the vents (lack thereof that is). also scruff is right, the gorge seems rather low from the pic.

neyus

Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with no vents. From a stylistic point of view anyway.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
low gorge, no vents, are things i don't like. however those are individual stylistic choices.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads