• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for Recommendations on a Silk Blue Tie to Pair with my Single-Breasted Blue Blazer 🔵

emazlatov

Reaction score
Hey, fellow fashion enthusiasts! 👔

I have a single-breasted blue blazer just like the one in this picture (link below) and I'm on the hunt for the perfect silk blue tie to complete the look for a gala dinner. I've always loved the classic combination of a blue blazer and a blue tie, and I think it can be a versatile choice for various occasions.

8rqvewbtxnub1.jpg

I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a silk blue tie that would go well with this blazer. I'm aiming for a timeless, sophisticated look, and I'd appreciate any advice or recommendations regarding specific brands, shades of blue, and patterns.

A few details about the blazer:

• It's a single-breasted design.
  • The shade of blue is somewhere between navy and royal blue.
  • I would typically wear a white dress shirt with this blazer. But for this occasion, I might choose a blue shirt, to keep matching colours.
If you've paired a similar blazer with a silk blue tie or if you have a go-to tie that you think would complement this blazer nicely, please share your insights! Links to specific ties or brands would be especially helpful.

If anyone has other suggestion, apart from my request, feel free to share. Always open to new things.

Budget-wise, I'm open to various price ranges, so feel free to suggest options at different price points. Your input will greatly assist me in finding the perfect tie for this blazer.

Thanks in advance for your valuable advice!

Attachments

• 8rqvewbtxnub1.jpg
    8rqvewbtxnub1.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it depends on the whole look you're going for. You bought a D&G blazer with a crest. What else are you planning to wear with it? Are you going for a preppy look, a fashion-forward look, something else?

I can't see pulling off a blue shirt and blue tie with a blue jacket.

emazlatov

Reaction score
It's for something else. I'm planning to wear the D&G blazer for a New Year's Eve dinner in Vienna, and this choice is because I don't want to bring my tuxedo on this trip. My idea is to pair it with new blue/Black pants/jeans and a white dress shirt Since it's New Year's, I'm also considering adding an accessory like a tie or bow tie to elevate the look further. But thinking now more in-depth, I don't see it combining with that type of accessory. What do you think?

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Obviously you understand the context for your NYE gala dinner better than I do but -- is this a black tie event (since you state that you don't want to bring your tuxedo)?

emazlatov

Reaction score
Obviously you understand the context for your NYE gala dinner better than I do but -- is this a black tie event (since you state that you don't want to bring your tuxedo)?
It's a semi-gala dinner, therefore semiformal dress code. So, I apologize for forgetting to add "semi" and misleading the text from the beginning.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads