• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bespoke DJP

Reaction score
Dear @L.deJong,

Thank you so much for your kind reply.

Since this request falls actually within the boundaries of the Unfunded Liabilities Thread, could you please post everything there?

So, I would like to see pictures of 7301, 7304, 7305 and 7310 from the "Natural Elements" bunch of course that you mentioned.

And couple of questions if you don't mind (for all that might be interested): a) did they send you the bunch, or it was your tailor who arranged it, and b) what is the final current price (in GBP, including VAT) per meter that they charge?

I am obliged for all your input!

Best,

Dimitris

L.deJong

Reaction score
Dear @L.deJong,

Thank you so much for your kind reply.

Since this request falls actually within the boundaries of the Unfunded Liabilities Thread, could you please post everything there?

So, I would like to see pictures of 7301, 7304, 7305 and 7310 from the "Natural Elements" bunch of course that you mentioned.

And couple of questions if you don't mind (for all that might be interested): a) did they send you the bunch, or it was your tailor who arranged it, and b) what is the final current price (in GBP, including VAT) per meter that they charge?

I am obliged for all your input!

Best,

Dimitris
Will make the photo's tomorrow (for my timezone). Not so great light right now.

I will also reply in the unfunded Liabilities thread.

Dannefalk

Reaction score
Guys,

I'm considering this lovat tweed. but typically don't get smaller patterns like this...what do you think?

Thanks!

I'm having a jacket made up from the same bunch. The hand of the fabric is just amazing, tightly woven, slightly coarse and almost that nice wet feeling (is that even something you can say in English? We use it in Sweden though)

Any who, really looking forward to it!

DouglasE

Reaction score

Mine, I think. Suit from Cresent.

Encathol Epistemia

Reaction score
I went to Hoboken for my second fitting with Joseph Genuardi today. In an amusing twist, John Di Pietro called me yesterday afternoon to tell me that my sport coat was ready, but as I had already made these arrangements, that must wait until Wednesday.

The marquee piece here is my blue fresco three-piece suit. (N.b. At first I asked for a two-piece suit, then realized that I was being silly and asked for a waistcoat to be added, which Mr. Genuardi obliged, so this was the basted fitting for the waistcoat)

Blue Fresco Suit 2nd Fitting Jacket.JPG

I think that it looks quite handsome. (It can also be seen here, in a crucial supporting role) Don't worry, I went and ruined it by pouring an oversize sack of lumpy mashed potatoes into it.

Which is to say that I tried it on for adjustments, which is an unfortunate necessity when one buys clothing.

Blue Fresco Suit 2nd Fitting Frontal.jpg
Blue Fresco Suit 2nd Fitting Slight Turn.jpg
Blue Fresco Suit 2nd Fitting Three Quarters.jpg

(I cropped most of my head off, partly for privacy and partly because ain't nobody want to see that [trust me, I see it every morning, because of our society's sadistic practice of putting mirrors in bathrooms], especially in the first picture, where my eyes are mostly closed, so I look drunk or high, which I was not at the time)

Mr. Genuardi has also been making a sort of brown hopsack sport coat for me that I am especially pleased with.

Taupe Odd Jacket 2nd Fitting.jpg

Note that whereas the suit has some padding to its shoulders, this has none, as it's meant to be a more casual garment. (That must be why my bowtie went all cockeyed in this shot; it was just letting loose; I know that a gentleman's bowtie is supposed to be irregular, but I'm really more of a weirdo than a gentleman)

In both cases, among a number of changes that Mr. Genuardi made, further adjustment was needed to fit my upper back as it still felt slightly tight and the break of the trousers was tamed slightly.

The final fitting for most of this will be in a few weeks; my best guess is early September. The waistcoat is a fitting behind the rest, so I'll likely attend two more fittings for that and receive it separately later.

Last edited:

papado

Reaction score
I went to Hoboken for my second fitting with Joseph Genuardi today. In an amusing twist, John Di Pietro called me yesterday afternoon to tell me that my sport coat was ready, but as I had already made these arrangements, that must wait until Wednesday.

The marquee piece here is my blue fresco three-piece suit. (N.b. At first I asked for a two-piece suit, then realized that I was being silly and asked for a waistcoat to be added, which Mr. Genuardi obliged, so this was the basted fitting for the waistcoat)

I think that it looks quite handsome. (It can also be seen here, in a crucial supporting role) Don't worry, I went and ruined it by pouring an oversize sack of lumpy mashed potatoes into it.

Which is to say that I tried it on for adjustments, which is an unfortunate necessity when one buys clothing.

(I cropped most of my head off, partly for privacy and partly because ain't nobody want to see that [trust me, I see it every morning, because of our society's sadistic practice of putting mirrors in bathrooms], especially in the first picture, where my eyes are mostly closed, so I look drunk or high, which I was not at the time)

Mr. Genuardi has also been making a sort of brown hopsack sport coat for me that I am especially pleased with.

Note that whereas the suit has some padding to its shoulders, this has none, as it's meant to be a more casual garment. (That must be why my bowtie went all cockeyed in this shot; it was just letting loose; I know that a gentleman's bowtie is supposed to be irregular, but I'm really more of a weirdo than a gentleman)

In both cases, among a number of changes that Mr. Genuardi made, further adjustment was needed to fit my upper back as it still felt slightly tight and the break of the trousers was tamed slightly.

The final fitting for most of this will be in a few weeks; my best guess is early September. The waistcoat is a fitting behind the rest, so I'll likely attend two more fittings for that and receive it separately later.

That blue suit coat fits quite well! The brown one needs a few more tweaks.

Any chance you can give a pricing range for Genuardi?

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1217505

View attachment 1217504 View attachment 1217506 View attachment 1217507

View attachment 1217508

I like the slightly slanted jetted pockets. My tailor does something similar for my suits and dinner jackets which I think looks sick

Encathol Epistemia

Reaction score

Any chance you can give a pricing range for Genuardi?

The suit, which is made of Hardy & Minnis bright blue fresco (# 510254) cost $ 4,800. The sport coat, which is made of Schofield & Smith Palm Beach brown hopsack (# 3504), cost $ 3,150. (Excluding, of course, ancillary costs such as train tickets, subway fare, a late lunch afterward at Sevilla in the West Village and my habit of buying a bunch of bottles of things that the PLCB doth not provide at Astor Wine & Spirits before going home) My first appointment was on April 5th and my best guess for delivery of everything but the waistcoat, which was added at the first fitting, is late September to early October, although subsequent garments might take less time.

I like the slightly slanted jetted pockets. My tailor does something similar for my suits and dinner jackets which I think looks sick

I had read something somewhere that suggested them for a more casual summer jacket and it I thought that they'd fit the feel that I wanted for the jacket, which was also why I asked for the barchetta breast pocket and why we settled on an unpadded shoulder..

Last edited:

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The suit, which is made of Hardy & Minnis bright blue fresco (# 510254) cost $ 4,800. The sport coat, which is made of Schofield & Smith Palm Beach brown hopsack (# 3504) cost $ 3,150. (Excluding, of course, ancillary costs such as train tickets, subway fare, lunch afterward at Sevilla in the West Village and my habit of buying a bunch of bottles of things that the PLCB doth not provide at Astor Wine & Spirits before going home) My first appointment was on April 5th and my best guess for delivery of everything but the waistcoat, which was added at the first fitting, is late September to early October, although subsequent garments might take less time.

I had read something somewhere that suggested them for a more casual summer jacket and it I thought that they'd fit the feel that I wanted for the jacket, which was also why I asked for the barchetta breast pocket and why we settled on an unpadded shoulder..
I think slanted pockets look very good on a sbpl. They achieve a specific look of sharp sleek casual. Good for a night out clubbing jacket with a white shirt. But there’s a degree where it gets too tacky. Everything in moderation. Yours looks sick. This is my linen blazer suit after a night out with a similar configuration

Attachments

• 2AFF592B-0A48-4920-B0A8-47DE69F5B0E9.jpeg
    2AFF592B-0A48-4920-B0A8-47DE69F5B0E9.jpeg
    129.2 KB · Views: 123

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Not to put you on the spot but curious what you see in the brown jacket you would tweak?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Both those look really nice. I prefer the silhouette on the softer brown jacket, but they both look really well done. Surprisingly good prices for bespoke too.

Thomson

Reaction score

View attachment 1217505

View attachment 1217504 View attachment 1217506 View attachment 1217507

View attachment 1217508

The final fitting for most of this will be in a few weeks; my best guess is early September.

Seems like you enjoyed the process as well which is a bonus. After all it is a significant amount of dosh for most people.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Both those look really nice. I prefer the silhouette on the softer brown jacket, but they both look really well done. Surprisingly good prices for bespoke too.

These jackets could be used to illustrate your extended shoulder thoughts. Wouldn't say these shoulders are extended beyond the norm but you see a broad chest, shaped waist and minimized hip proportions here. Don't think this man has a small frame but Joe has created a flattering silhouette. Also to note; a new client with one fitting and then to finish. The hang of the sleeves of the blue jacket on the mannequin is exactly what you want; how they lay close to the body. Don't see this often enough.
Joe took his time and learned the trade well. His work has a lot of integrity.

papado

Reaction score
Not to put you on the spot but curious what you see in the brown jacket you would tweak?

Nothing major but the sleeves (not sure if pitch or some other facet) don't lie as clean as the blue suit and the area near the buttoning point also isn't as clean

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads