• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it’s hard to make such a statement without seeing the garment in person, or minimally, seeing a photo of the garment on the client.
@comrade is allergic to anything that isn't a natural sleevecap.

this would send him into anaphylactic shock

tumblr_inline_p44n3kVtFV1qfex1b_500.jpg

C&A

Reaction score
My guy is from Casalnuovo too - no surprise though since this is tailor territory 😁
Domenico Pirozzi And this is not to be confused with his namesake who is not as good as him. He tailoring in Via Chiaia 197 in Naples

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are 2 Pirozzis?
Better yet. One is name domenico Pirozzi (I think of him as mimmo Pirozzi).

The other is lead by nunzio Pirozzi & his son (who is cutting & traveling now) is named “domenico Pirozzi”

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Better yet. One is name domenico Pirozzi (I think of him as mimmo Pirozzi).

The other is lead by nunzio Pirozzi & his son (who is cutting & traveling now) is named “domenico Pirozzi”
So the son is this one?

And this is their sartoria?

Does Mimmo have an IG? Which one Pirozzi is the better cutter?

reidd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Very old school Napoli. Love it. I could be wrong but from the pics it looks like the shoulder itself is still very light and natural (no deliberate shaping or pagoda). But rather the sleevehead treatment gives it the illusion of a pagoda shape. Would be curious if he uses much wadding in that sleevehead to get the rollino or if its mostly ironing. Also is the shoulder extended at all? I bet these will be very comfy jackets.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So the son is this one?

And this is their sartoria?

Does Mimmo have an IG? Which one Pirozzi is the better cutter?
Mimmo doesn’t travel.
Japanese napoletano?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Very old school Napoli. Love it. I could be wrong but from the pics it looks like the shoulder itself is still very light and natural (no deliberate shaping or pagoda). But rather the sleevehead treatment gives it the illusion of a pagoda shape. Would be curious if he uses much wadding in that sleevehead to get the rollino or if its mostly ironing. Also is the shoulder extended at all? I bet these will be very comfy jackets.

I thought you need concave to be pagoda vs just roped?

reidd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought you need concave to be pagoda vs just roped?

Right. My understanding is that pagoda shoulders have significant tailoring/structure added into the shoulder itself to build that shape. Adding padding or shape to the sleevehead is not enough to create it. My point is that on this jacket, the sleeveheads are made such that it almost creates the optical illusion of a pagoda on what is likely a very unstructed jacket which I think is very cool.

Similar to how a dead straight lapel combined with some shape in the chest on some jackets almost makes the lapels look concave. Crompton has discussed this before; I believe on his Liverano jackets.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads