Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jekyll, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

Going to dinner: http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...ostcount=35822 As I mentioned on the post, this will be my last fit/post for a bit. I'll be traveling for the break and then in spring term have LOTs more work duties. Anyway, I think that the March Challenge is in good hands; there have been some GREAT looks lately and some of the old-timers have finally come out and posted. [​IMG]

2. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] breaking out some more warm weather (baggy) gear. uniqlo, polo, spring court

3. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

I don't ming baggier stuff, but really not feeling the way that looks at all.

I know i'm probably in the minority, but i don't wear my nice stuff all the time to lounge around the house, go grab a bag of chips from the store, or some small thing like that. I'm usually in basketball shorts (or these cotton gym shorts), a tshirts, and my boat shoes since i bloodied up my old sandals. I'd personally rather just be in loungewear than actually trying to wear legit clothes but look sloppy.

It has been awhile though. I'll try to take a quick pic tomorrow. Haven't been dressing very exciting lately, but i don't want to talk about fits too much without posting. I'll leave that to jet

4. PinkPantser

Man, I managed to look both sloppy and try-hard at the same time?

5. chronoaug

Haha. I mean, i do think it's a bit sloppy rather than baggy-cool, but you know what i'm trying to say right? I know my position is slightly unpopular, as i gather that a lot of people here even relax on the weekend in their living room in their raw jeans, laceups and button ups.

I know you wanted a looser, cooler fit, but there's gotta be a way to do it a bit different. Maybe messing with the proportions and lengths some. Kinda look fat, and i know you're really slim

6. jet

jet Persian Bro

Pants do look off for some reason and they're not sitting on the shoes right.

I do like the direction pp is going though I have to say.

7. PinkPantser

Haha. I mean, i do think it's a bit sloppy rather than baggy-cool, but you know what i'm trying to say right?
    yeah, I know what you're saying and I agree that this whole look is something that needs to improve. I'm one of the people you describe that puts on 'legit' clothes whenever i'm leaving the house and I don't wear shorts except for exercise (this isn't going to change). In general I dress pretty up-tight and its tough to balance that type of dress with the superhot desert summer. I'm working on it.

8. rupertwaddles

rupertwaddles Active Member

zissou's been killin it lately.
    Seriously. I think part of it is his face, I mean can you imagine a more perfect face to fit the whole sailor vibe? They should get him to model Mister Freedom, he pulls it off the best out of anyone I've seen wearing it. (Cotton looks great in it too to his credit). So uh, great job on the face, Zissou! (And the clothes)

9. chronoaug

I don't blame you for trying to dodge the heat, pinkIt has been hot this week again and i'm remembering how much it sucks. Not looking forward to it at all. I wish it could've been the nice 55-70 degree temps we were having the week before. So perfect.

10. zissou

zissou Senior member

Jesus... thanks, rupert! This may sound cliche, but I think MFSC (and to a lesser degree, some EG) fit my style/identity better than any clothes I've ever worn in my life. And thanks, ToruOkada and chrono for your earlier comments [​IMG]

11. phildo

phildo Senior member

sorry PP, I usually love what you wear but that has to be one of the worst I've seen from you.

12. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

I don't know why but something about this reminds me of Tony Soprano
    [​IMG] [​IMG] breaking out some more warm weather gear. uniqlo, polo, spring court

13. PinkPantser

sorry PP, I usually love what you wear but that has to be one of the worst I've seen from you.

Behold, other pretty bad fits from this time of the year (late spring/early summer):

I seem to have quite a bit of trouble around this time of the year.

14. PinkPantser

I do like the direction pp is going though I have to say.

I don't know why but something about this reminds me of Tony Soprano

That's because it's GANGSTER

a la

[​IMG]

15. jet

jet Persian Bro

God pre-hem apc's look awful haha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.