• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Going to dinner: http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...ostcount=35822 As I mentioned on the post, this will be my last fit/post for a bit. I'll be traveling for the break and then in spring term have LOTs more work duties. Anyway, I think that the March Challenge is in good hands; there have been some GREAT looks lately and some of the old-timers have finally come out and posted.
smile.gif

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I don't ming baggier stuff, but really not feeling the way that looks at all.

I know i'm probably in the minority, but i don't wear my nice stuff all the time to lounge around the house, go grab a bag of chips from the store, or some small thing like that. I'm usually in basketball shorts (or these cotton gym shorts), a tshirts, and my boat shoes since i bloodied up my old sandals. I'd personally rather just be in loungewear than actually trying to wear legit clothes but look sloppy.

It has been awhile though. I'll try to take a quick pic tomorrow. Haven't been dressing very exciting lately, but i don't want to talk about fits too much without posting. I'll leave that to jet

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Haha. I mean, i do think it's a bit sloppy rather than baggy-cool, but you know what i'm trying to say right? I know my position is slightly unpopular, as i gather that a lot of people here even relax on the weekend in their living room in their raw jeans, laceups and button ups.

I know you wanted a looser, cooler fit, but there's gotta be a way to do it a bit different. Maybe messing with the proportions and lengths some. Kinda look fat, and i know you're really slim

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Pants do look off for some reason and they're not sitting on the shoes right.

I do like the direction pp is going though I have to say.

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Haha. I mean, i do think it's a bit sloppy rather than baggy-cool, but you know what i'm trying to say right?
yeah, I know what you're saying and I agree that this whole look is something that needs to improve. I'm one of the people you describe that puts on 'legit' clothes whenever i'm leaving the house and I don't wear shorts except for exercise (this isn't going to change). In general I dress pretty up-tight and its tough to balance that type of dress with the superhot desert summer. I'm working on it.

rupertwaddles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ToruOkada
zissou's been killin it lately.
Seriously. I think part of it is his face, I mean can you imagine a more perfect face to fit the whole sailor vibe? They should get him to model Mister Freedom, he pulls it off the best out of anyone I've seen wearing it. (Cotton looks great in it too to his credit). So uh, great job on the face, Zissou! (And the clothes)

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jesus... thanks, rupert! This may sound cliche, but I think MFSC (and to a lesser degree, some EG) fit my style/identity better than any clothes I've ever worn in my life. And thanks, ToruOkada and chrono for your earlier comments
smile.gif

phildo

Reaction score
sorry PP, I usually love what you wear but that has to be one of the worst I've seen from you.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I don't know why but something about this reminds me of Tony Soprano
Originally Posted by PinkPantser
090313a.jpg
090313b.jpg
breaking out some more warm weather gear. uniqlo, polo, spring court

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phildo
sorry PP, I usually love what you wear but that has to be one of the worst I've seen from you.

Behold, other pretty bad fits from this time of the year (late spring/early summer):

I seem to have quite a bit of trouble around this time of the year.

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I do like the direction pp is going though I have to say.

Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
I don't know why but something about this reminds me of Tony Soprano

That's because it's GANGSTER

a la

booapcraftc6.jpg

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
God pre-hem apc's look awful haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads