Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jekyll, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

Looks fly homes.. Cool bomber, belt/ shearling? collar details looks nice.
    this looks great! info on jacket and pants please.
    Thanks guys. The collar is fur, the rest is moleskin (Martin Margiela). Asobu, the pants are Dries Van Noten. The jacket is actually listed on ebay right now (Where you can find better pics): http://cgi.ebay.com/MAISON-MARTIN-MA...3%3A2|294%3A50

2. Flame

Flame Senior member

I would really, really like some advice on the Ervell pants. All of my pants (besides jeans) fit with very little break. I was thinking about leaving these to be stacked. What do you think?
    No stacking, just one single break will do. Casual trousers that stack look sloppy to me.

Ok so I'm stuck in a funk where my defualt weekend fit to go eating, drinking, smoking has been oxfords/casual pants/loafers or boat shoes. Any suggestions for change? P.S I stay in Singapore where weather is 28-34 celsius with 100% humidity everyday.

Fit of the day:

Acne shirt. Thom Browne pants. mustard yellow sperrys.

[​IMG]

3. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Pants are great

4. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

Go Surface, great look! by far my favourite from you, pants/boots combination is excellent.

5. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

[​IMG]

Man, I remember Jet getting bent when I first joined and commented this gave off a fem leg-warmers vibe.

6. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Sweaters that thick and drapey aren't going to look slim nor are they really made to. If it looked long and sloppy then it'd be pause for comment but it fits comfortably like it should and looks fine. NOT EVERYTHING HAS TO BE RUNWAY THIN. KTHX.
    This sounds like something a fat person would say [​IMG] Yea, that looks real good, gosurface. socal- i know you like the doody in the pants look, and even i do occasionally, but those just look like they're super sagged and don't look that great to me.

7. jet

jet Persian Bro

Man, I remember Jet getting bent when I first joined and commented this gave off a fem leg-warmers vibe.

Man I don't even remember that but can you remind me what the point of your post was exactly since you came out of the woodwork to post that?

I think that's the first of gosurface that I actually like.

8. robin

robin Senior member

[​IMG]
    Someone should sell me this jacket.

9. asobu

asobu Senior member

I've been looking for some Dries pants for a while and it seems like i'm gonna have to keep looking. Those look perfect in both color and cut.

10. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Senior member

[​IMG] repeat attempt. uniqlo seersucker, uniqlo pincord, spring court

11. KaiserSose

KaiserSose Senior member

Pink Panster

I am probably going to be in the minority with this opinion, but I don't think that short sleeve button down shirts work all that great for you.. especially with khaki's & white shoes. Aside from the cut of the pants, this seems dangerously close to the uniform for retired guys living in the Del Boca Vista.

12. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Better than the last, PP.

I've been struggling with this particular look as well. I think the key is to have the shirts and pants precisely tailored (gshen is a master of this, of course). I'd like to say the shirt would look better if it were hemmed an inch.

Alternately, it could be the Spring Courts. They remind me too much of the shoes that nurses and other workers who are on their feet all day wear.

13. jet

jet Persian Bro

PP the shirt is too long first of all and I think the trick to avoiding yawn inducing fits like yours, gshens, etc is to stay away from too many light colors and classic pieces used at once ie clarks, seersucker etc so you don't look like you belong in palm springs. It is easier said than done, spring fits are obviously much more difficult.

14. mgoose

mgoose Senior member

PP

I'm a newbie and really like most of your fits, you've inspired me to cop ndg grey jeans. But I think the proportions are off on this. I think it's the spring courts, they look too bulky with that fit, some inxpensive white canvas slip ons or something would work much better

my $.02

15. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Senior member

Thanks for the comments fellas, I appreciate the candor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.