(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jekyll, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

Yeah, I'm getting sick of clothes. I just throw shit on now, and apparently, come out looking like Rihanna (Thanks TheFusilliJerry).

2. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

3. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

I'd whoop yo skinny ass. It'll be like that scene in What's Love Got to do With It when Tina repeatedly stiletto kicks Ike in the limo. [​IMG]

4. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

I'd whoop yo skinny ass. It'll be like that scene in What's Love Got to do With It when Tina repeatedly stiletto kicks Ike in the limo. [​IMG]
    You lost some points for referencing that film.

5. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

You lost some points for referencing that film.

Well, what did you expect?

6. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

You make sound like he spent the entire night before hemming and hawing over how he was going to masterfully craft the WATYT genius that manifested itself into that photo. I bet he quickly threw on something as he headed about his day. Fine everyday fit for going about your day. Perfection can be boring.

PS... the black sneaks are fine with the grey pullover and black frames.

Yea. That's the approach normal people take to dressing. Not agonizing over every detail.

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend. PP is probably my favorite WAYWT poster, and I wasn't suggesting that he overanalyze every aspect of his fit. However, he seems to put a lot of thought and effort (i.e. tailoring his own shirts) into his more formal fits, so although I don't mind the fit itself, I guess I was just a little surprised to see it from Pantser.

Re: the sweatshirt, I didn't mean to suggest that he run out and buy a J. Crew one, I was just making the comment that I prefer it to the M+O version.

7. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

It was more dropping hints for you to take a more relaxed approach to dressing. I don't think PP was offended. gosurface- why does that woman seem to have diseased wooden legs?

8. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

It was more dropping hints for you to take a more relaxed approach to dressing. I don't think PP was offended.

gosurface- why does that woman seem to have diseased wooden legs?

They're knit leggings. Rodarte x Christian Louboutin (The shoes anyway)!

[​IMG]

9. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

This makes more sense posted in the other thread, but I don't want to muddy it, even though it has more conversation than ever.

PP looks fine. Better than fine. The naysayers aren't landing close to constructive. I'm more jealous of this fit than his staple fare because this one is so entirely nonchalant. It looks as if he doesn't even remotely have to try, plus it looks comfortable to wear, plus it's better than than what I can pull off EVERY time I try.

And as a complete 180...

Who cares if it took some dude 20 shots to land a good one. Some of us are pretty bad at our cameras. Learning through trial and error is a bitch. Let's all harp on the fact that someone told us something. Something. Not everyone smiles naturally like PG and who wants to look like shit in a photo?

10. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

No one said he looked chalant. Or less than fine. They just thought the top was blah. And it is pretty blah. Shoes and pants look good though.

11. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Senior member

so what are you on kinseys scale

Rating Description
    0 Exclusively heterosexual
    1 Predominantly heterosexual, only incidentally homosexual
    2 Predominantly heterosexual, but more than incidentally homosexual
    3 Equally heterosexual and homosexual; bisexual.
    4 Predominantly homosexual, but more than incidentally heterosexual
    5 Predominantly homosexual, only incidentally heterosexual
    6 Exclusively homosexual

i had you at 5-6

- sorry buddy ZERO, I do have a few gay friends & they have a good laugh at their friends expense when catching up with me whenever I am in SYD which is every 3 months. Actually back this Wed for 10 days

12. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

- sorry buddy ZERO, I do have a few gay friends & they have a good laugh at their friends expense when catching up with me whenever I am in SYD which is every 3 months. Actually back this Wed for 10 days
    Don't worry, PG, and just ignore it. Reading his posts, I'm becoming more convinced he's SF's first fully functional ghey-troll. I didn't know they really existed; I thought they were mythical, like Unicorns and front-row tickets to Barbara Streisand concerts.

13. ShyBoy

ShyBoy Senior member

Don't worry, PG, and just ignore it. Reading his posts, I'm becoming more convinced he's SF's first fully functional ghey-troll. I didn't know they really existed; I thought they were mythical, like Unicorns and front-row tickets to Barbara Streisand concerts.

lol you have to excuse me,this is my first forum...

please excuse my exuberance

14. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

lol you have to excuse me,this is my first forum...
    please excuse my exuberance

Exuberance isn't derailing every thread you are on and badgering other members with all this shit. Just have a discussion and don't try to turn everything around such that you, your sexuality, and your crotch bulge are the center of attention.

Just go with the flow and chill. SF is a very gay-friendly place, you don't have to pull your ACTUP card every time you post.

15. ShyBoy

ShyBoy Senior member

point taken...but i blame it on being a spoilt only child..damn my overly loving mother

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.