• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by berlin report
Agree. That coat is fantastic.
- thanks
Originally Posted by Hard2Fit
I like this a lot.
smile.gif
Originally Posted by Magician
utf-8BSU1HMDAwNDgtMjAwOTEyMTctMTYxO.jpg

- nice.. Not you..
smile.gif
Originally Posted by ppllzz
323220_cayleelookbook24s.jpg

- why not I'm going to stay out of the bitching as I have **** to do..

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by naaaaate
It only gets marsupialed when people complain about specific members who suck and implying they represent the forum instead of posting pictures and contributing. What I'm saying is if you post more of your fits (which are great) and talk about peoples fits it will help guide discussion in the right way but if you just complain like this then it leads to those awful waste of time "_____ was better in the old days" discussions, even if theres truth to it. Anyways post more fits dude step up be a man.

Word! I'll try.

Chrispy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by warlok1965
Well, you can do double stops but I assume a true triad is out of the question.

Im pretty sure you can hit three strings at once, one of the notes won't sound he greatest though as there would be a lot of pressure on that string.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
that's kind of the point dude.
people here need to lay off the circle jerk and deal with the fact that not everyone is into the workwear/lumberjack + red wings/service boots look.
if you don't like the "shrunken" style that's cool. i happen to like ultra-fitted stuff like acne, filippa k, thom browne, boo, etc.
chilax
BAND-MS11_V3.jpg
boo_20090331_0157.jpg

picture-2-600x439.png
long_sleeve_button_down_black_overdye_oxford.jpg
band-of-outsiders-2009-october-9.jpg

I had not intended to insult your aesthetic, just offer an observation on this particular shirt. I wear kmw rockers, levi's five elevens, and if i could afford it i'd rock BoO etc. I think the shirt you posted specifically was a wee bit small in the torso. Thats my personal view, as has been mentioned the buttons appear to be pulling.

Again, you post good stuff; this shirt however seemed slightly too small.

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
grumble, grumble, grumble

Dude, the difference between sizes is just over an inch, and clearly you could use it.
Can you even button the neck?

devil.gif

I don't think that particular shirt is meant to be quite as fitted.
708.jpg

1202.jpg

But hey, I like my kicks with cock veins on 'em.

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't see why everyone is knocking on Sq4u. If he's slim enough to wear his **** that tight and likes it, who cares. It's a different take on many of the same brands others wear and looks better than most of the proportions others post.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
I see. While I know the SW&D crowd is a little different and the clothing they wear will appear in different situations than the MC crowd, I feel like you could benefit from a bit of tailoring. Perhaps buying a size larger for the length (if the shoulders are OK, since those are hard/expensive to fix) and then tailoring the garment in at the waist and up in the arms? Just some thoughts to perfect your look, nothing personal or with pressure. Keep up the good stuff - you are consistently very good.
I think this is an example of where MC think doesn't apply to SW&D, the short jacket gives a nice sillouette with the wide pants and by being short it accentuates the most interesting piece, the pants.
Originally Posted by melonadejello
I don't think that particular shirt is meant to be quite as fitted.
I'm not really a fan of this kind of thinking, true it may look better being worn the way it is intended - probably easier to look good when it's fitted the way the model wears it, but wearing it slightly bigger or smaller isn't sacrilege and can work better for the person's aesthetic. A good example of this is dior jeans, sizing down vs. true to size.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
I'm not really a fan of this kind of thinking, true it may look better being worn the way it is intended - probably easier to look good when it's fitted the way the model wears it, but wearing it slightly bigger or smaller isn't sacrilege and can work better for the person's aesthetic. A good example of this is dior jeans, sizing down vs. true to size.

I always thought Dior jeans were just vanity sized--i.e. they're meant to be sized down on. I mean thats the way the jeans were styled in the runway looks and in pictures anyway..

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look decent without sizing down and the degree of sizing down is virtually up to the wearer.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
I always thought Dior jeans were just vanity sized--i.e. they're meant to be sized down on. I mean thats the way the jeans were styled in the runway looks and in pictures anyway..

all lies, i sized down a few times and it was a bad idea. i wear sz 30 in every pant of all time, and i also wear sz 30 in dior

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
all lies, i sized down a few times and it was a bad idea. i wear sz 30 in every pant of all time, and i also wear sz 30 in dior

Same here. I think its just a matter of your specific limiting point. I can size down and they will be fine in the waist, its the thighs that will suffer. If someone has little ass thighs, they may be able to get by with sizing down.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is in no way how a band shirt should fit, shrunken does not mean stretched across the chest.
eqzach.jpg
Diors are vanity sized, though - I have a measured 31-32 inch waist, no way I could wear anything bigger than a 30 in Dior without a belt. 29s usually measure 16 across edit: unless you're talking about sizing down from the vanity size itself, in which case I agree - they look a lot better sagged and slouched

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glorious Saturday..

Temp
19c - 26c:

Later in the day than I normally would like to take pictures.. Sun is light is literally downward.
L1000377-8.jpg

L1000379-4.jpg
L1000380-41.jpg

L1000381-8.jpg

The ride to..
L1000374-4.jpg

Last night, another impromptu gathering of SFers at the club house
L1000348-4.jpg
L1000356-4.jpg

Yes, she is special..
L1000354-8.jpg

Leica M8
+ Carl Zeis M 28/2 Biogon lens + B&W UV IR CUT Filter
+ Cosina/Voigtlander 35/1.4 Nokton M lens + B&W UV IR CUT Filter​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads