• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
whats unreasonable about $14? iirc, they ship via USPS or Fedex so atleast you get what you pair for - quality service - unlike USPS which can be a crapshoot

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It can be. It can also be reasonably priced.

There is no such thing as free shipping. Someone is paying to get the parcel from Point A to Point B. Unfortunately, modern e-commerce has conditioned buyers to always expect "free" shipping, rather a nice, money-losing gesture on behalf of the vendor. $14 for a shirt, while high, is not completely unreasonable, either. Familiarize yourself with current shipping rates.

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is no such thing as free shipping. Someone is paying to get the parcel from Point A to Point B. Unfortunately, modern e-commerce has conditioned buyers to always expect "free" shipping, rather a nice, money-losing gesture on behalf of the vendor. $14 for a shirt, while high, is not completely unreasonable, either. Familiarize yourself with current shipping rates.

Oh please. Save the semantics argument. Shipping companies offer discounts to businesses. A single shirt does not cost $14 to ship. Period.

edit: I'd prefer not to have an argument in this thread. Let's not clutter up the sales thread with pointless debate. PM me or make a new thread if you'd like to have a discussion.

Last edited:

Raindrop

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh please. Save the semantics argument. Shipping companies offer discounts to businesses. A single shirt does not cost $14 to ship. Period.

edit: I'd prefer not to have an argument in this thread. Let's not clutter up the sales thread with pointless debate. PM me or make a new thread if you'd like to have a discussion.

I find it fair when the shipping is the same price for 1 T-shirt or 2 coats, 3 pairs of shoes, 2 scarves etc.

If you want to minimize shipping costs, buy more.

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they, and many others, ship UPS ground, which costs the same for something that weighs .5lb or 1lb (and is only marginally more expensive for something that is 2lb, 2.5, etc)

like Raindrop said, you want to minimize, buy more!

who8mahrice

Reaction score
Gilt thing is targeted, not sure how though. I got a 40% off coupon to my account as well. I've never bought anything from Gilt City and haven't in like 2 years from Gilt Groupe.

Was interested in the Ledbury deal but their shirts to be huge... Smallet size is a "15," supposed equivalent of a 36/38. As a 36, a slim fit 42" chest measurement on a shirt would have me swimming in it. 37.5" waist??

Last edited:

stafa

Reaction score
they, and many others, ship UPS ground, which costs the same for something that weighs .5lb or 1lb (and is only marginally more expensive for something that is 2lb, 2.5, etc)

like Raindrop said, you want to minimize, buy more!

I wouldn't say it is marginally more expensive. The cost per pound decreases as you ship heavier. It's the stupid fees like a Residential Delivery charge of $3+ per box and fuel surcharges that really drive the cost of shipping.

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wouldn't say it is marginally more expensive. The cost per pound decreases as you ship heavier. It's the stupid fees like a Residential Delivery charge of $3+ per box and fuel surcharges that really drive the cost of shipping.

NY to BOS via UPS ground is 12.70 for 2lbs, 13.13 for 3lbs
if that's not a marginal increase then I don't know what is.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Need a Red Wings discount!  

Brooks Bros has 30% corporate discount today.
They carry some Red Wings.
Discount is also working on cordo Aldens.

Search the Brooks Brothers thread in MC for "corporate perks" for instructions on getting a discount.
Search the Alden thread for more hoops to jump through to get it working.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Brooks Bros has 30% corporate discount today.
They carry some Red Wings.
Discount is also working on cordo Aldens.

Search the Brooks Brothers thread in MC for "corporate perks" for instructions on getting a discount.
Search the Alden thread for more hoops to jump through to get it working.

If you miss out, it's no big deal. It moves down to 25% tomorrow.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads