• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
:fu:

Before I'm done I'm going to end up with a Marshall amp and Fender Strat, aren't I?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

yeah, that's the thing about tube amps. They're heavy as all hell. I had a heck of a time hauling the DSL from Queens, it's a really awkward 50 pounds. Once I got to Grand Central, I had to just cab it home.
When I sold mine it was a pain ********** to get to the shipping center.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Before I'm done I'm going to end up with a Marshall amp and Fender Strat, aren't I?

No, not necessarily. It depends how OCD you are though. You're on a men's fashion forum for a reason.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You did right in the Les Paul. Think of it this way (this statement is sure to get backlash) you can make your Les Paul sound closer to a fender than you can the other way around.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That will be in one corner of the room. Next to it will be the vintage Tele and a blackface Fender twin. Over by the arm chair will be a 4x10 Bassman and ES-345. Hanging on the wall will be an L-5. By your desk will be a Tweed Champ and a Les Paul JR. :)

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I'll be frank. Fm / G# is not making my fingers happy. I hate spending minutes upon minutes strumming between two chords to get adept at the change. I'm doing that right now.

Last edited:

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'll be frank. Fm / G# is not making my fingers happy. I hate spending minutes upon minutes strumming between two chords to get adept at the change. I'm doing that right now.

The best way to get better in the beginning is to learn songs that you like. That way playing wont feel like practice.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I unfortunately took my first lesson right before we'd have to take a couple weeks off (one for me, one for him). He gave me Space Oddity more to do with the strumming rhythm than anything else I think. But that damn Fm / G# chord is busting my fingers. I see him for my second lesson a week from today and plan to have all the chord changes down so he can just work with me on some of the rhythms. I've been youtubing some stuff and can play Paranoid, most of SWtH, and a couple of Bush songs now. Just picking some easy things to get me going again.

So, this is happening:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Have any of you played plugged directly into your computer and listened either via headphones or monitors?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Do you have an audio interface and a DAW installed? If so what are you using?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics