• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The only way that the combined forces of Lannister, Baratheon and Stark were able to breach the city walls was by having to door opened from the inside.

lefty

IIRC it's pretty clear that the forces would take the city, which is why Aegon allowed Tywin Lannister inside in the first place (he assumed he had come to help him defend the city). Instead by the time Ned arrived the city had already been ransacked.

But you do have a point, I was expecting some siege or artillery but the most I saw was a battering ram.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

They haven't yet, since they're currently both captives. This episode was devoted entirely to King's Landing so nothing else had a chance to get progressed. Here's hoping the finale is 2 hours. Yeah I know, it's not going to happen.

finale is gonna be 70 minutes. :)

i liked the episode, but didnt love it.

man i hate joffrey and cersei. such pathetic animals. i wish they would die already. its frustrating that all the good people die and worst ones rise higher in power. pretty much what sansa said to shay as the battle started.

tryrion was awesome as always.

who was that big iron masked dude that tried to kill tyrion in the ground battle before tyrions lad killed him?

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mandon Moore of the kingsguard.

Someone give me a gif of tyrion chopping that dude's leg off plz stat.

Last edited:

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
You can tell by his armor it's one of the Kingsguard.

Not really a spoiler I guess, but it's supposed to be Mandon Moore. Except I don't think Moore has had any screen time in the show, so I have a suspicion they will change it so that it's Meryn Trant, since he had that great scene in the throne room where Tyrion humiliated him.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Meryn Trant has been established as a dick so it'd make sense if it was him.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
good episode but the scale is tough to stomach, looked like battle was happening in my office

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
are we gonna find out why the kingsguard guy tried to do that? is it from the book, or was that a TV addition?

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
IIRC it's pretty clear that the forces would take the city, which is why Aegon allowed Tywin Lannister inside in the first place (he assumed he had come to help him defend the city). Instead by the time Ned arrived the city had already been ransacked.
But you do have a point, I was expecting some siege or artillery but the most I saw was a battering ram.

Maybe. Haven't read it in a while. But Davos did say that the walls had never been breached. There was a hell of a lot more strategy and planning on both sides in the books then "let's land and storm the gate."

In retrospect, probably less to do with money and more to do with time constraints. I may have tried to open it up a little more.

You can tell by his armor it's one of the Kingsguard.
Not really a spoiler I guess, but it's supposed to be Mandon Moore. Except I don't think Moore has had any screen time in the show, so I have a suspicion they will change it so that it's Meryn Trant, since he had that great scene in the throne room where Tyrion humiliated him.

Not sure viewers will pick up on that. Could have been dealt with by Tyrion putting his hand out and saying, "Moore, your hand," indicating that he was a friend.

lefty

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tyrion gives the guy a friendly, oh-it's-you look right before he swings. I thought that was enough.

Last edited:

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Maybe. I was distracted by how Tyrion and 30 guys managed to sneak up on the Stannis' forces and overthrow them in about 10 secs.

lefty

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Great episode, only prob I had was they didn't explain the lack of scouting on Stannis' side (the Lords were just too arrogant since they had superior numbers). Not a big deal, but that part in the book was great for showing how smart Ser Davos is for kind of smelling the trap. I guess that was shown when he was talking to his son before the battle though - although that seemed to serve showing how stupid his son was versus how smart Davos was heh

Although the chain was great in the book, I wasn't missing it in the show.

You people are just a bunch of nit-picky whiners.

Last edited:

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
prolly cuz stannis had 30 guys as well

Didn't Joffrey wet his small clothes when he saw the size of the opposition?

Great episode, only prob I had was they didn't explain the lack of scouting on Stannis' side (the Lords were just too arrogant since they had superior numbers). Not a big deal, but that part in the book was great for showing how smart Ser Davos is for kind of smelling the trap. I guess that was shown when he was talking to his son before the battle though - although that seemed to serve showing how stupid his son was versus how smart Davos was heh
Although the chain was great in the book, I wasn't missing it in the show.
You people are just a bunch of nit-picky whiners.

The battle in the books went down a lot differently. As I remember, Davos wasn't in charge of the fleet and though he saw the chain houses and tried to warn the others, but he was shut down by the knight who led the battle. Stannis landed on the other side and didn't make the castle, though his men were picking their way across the wreckage of the ships to get to the castle. Tywin snuck up behind Stannis and attacked with Loras in Renly's armour. When the men who were formerly Renly's saw Loras they abandoned Stannis and rejoined with Tywin.

The more I think about this the less I like it. I think Tyrion got shortchanged here. There was little to no planning other than the wildfire which was Cersei's idea here in the show. Varys' maps came at the last minute. In the book Tyrion saves the city with strategy and courage after The Hound bolts. And as Kunk said, the scale was really off.

Yes, I am a nit-picking whiner. You want an hour of my life and my money? Entertain me.

lefty

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads