• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Did you watch the most recent episode? She tries to name him but he's already gone. So instead she names Jaqen, thereby blackmailing him to help her escape Harrenhal so that he doesn't have to kill himself.

yeah, i saw that. it was a pretty sweet move by arya. she is sharp as a tack that one.

i didnt realize the person has to be within a certain distance to die. is it magic or is he physically doing the killing?

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

yeah, i saw that. it was a pretty sweet move by arya. she is sharp as a tack that one.
i didnt realize the person has to be within a certain distance to die. is it magic or is he physically doing the killing?

I think it's more physical killing. Jaqen has guard duty and he can't just run off chasing Tywin without raising suspicion.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score

Where the hell's the coin?

I'm sure they'll do it, maybe next ep or maybe down the road. Arya's scenes were done for the week when she left the place. Remember, in the books it happens differently. But they can still have him run into her later on if they don't chat next ep when she's fleeing Harrenhal.

Valar Morghulis.
My excitement for the whole Beric Dondarrion plotline is somewhat tempered by the fact that it probably won't start until next season. A good cliffhanger would be to have the big season-ending cliffhanger for her story be the point at which they meet. I guess we'll be getting some good Hound screen time next 2 eps to set up for season 3.

Presumably he's just killing them all with his hands because he's a badass, hence once Tywin rides out he'd have to catch up or wait for him somewhere and get him in due course. However there is a mystical element to the character that to my knowledge has not yet been fully developed.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Huge book spoiler. DO NOT CLICK THEN WHINE!

What are your thoughts on Jaqen being tied to the cult Arya later joins?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think it's more physical killing. Jaqen has guard duty and he can't just run off chasing Tywin without raising suspicion.

Presumably he's just killing them all with his hands because he's a badass, hence once Tywin rides out he'd have to catch up or wait for him somewhere and get him in due course. However there is a mystical element to the character that to my knowledge has not yet been fully developed.

thats was exactly my quandary, is he using magic, or old fashioned killin?

im not surprised about jaqen, but thats very surprising about arya. she seems way too level headed for that. but i could see her developing a following after jaqen after all he did, especially her being a child.

thats what i think.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thats was exactly my quandary, is he using magic, or old fashioned killin?
im not surprised about jaqen, but thats very surprising about arya. she seems way too level headed for that. but i could see her developing a following after jaqen after all he did, especially her being a child.
thats what i think.

Well, in her defense, it is a pretty badass cult. I'm not even sure that "cult" is the right description for it.

This is my first time using a spoiler tag. I am very proud of myself.

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wouldn't call it a "cult."

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well, in her defense, it is a pretty badass cult. I'm not even sure that "cult" is the right description for it.
This is my first time using a spoiler tag. I am very proud of myself.

i cant focking wait to see.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not a spoiler but I think this goes hand in hand with the parallels of the Seven and the Starks.

Ned = Father
Cat = Mother
Sansa = Maiden
Robb = The Warrior
Arya = Stranger (aka the face of death)
Bran = The smith (or even the crone)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There was a dart in the back of the neck of Lorch as he fell in Tywin's solar.

lefty

did not notice that on the laptop. thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads