OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Piobaire, Dec 5, 2010.

1. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

this. also, kit looks way better with long hair.

2. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Wow, Theon looks like a kid and Robb looks like a gay.

3. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

Can you imagine seeing Tywin Lannister buying milk at the grocery, or sitting in one of those uncomfortable plastic chairs at the DMV? Total mindfuck.

4. TheDarkKnight

TheDarkKnight Senior member

I find it pretty interesting how public knowledge and Cersei's and Jaimie Lannister's acceptance of their incest has changed.

It's clear Tyrion has known about it since the start - he's very sharp. It makes me wonder does Tywin know about it, as the show has never mentioned anything about the rumours in a scene with Tywin, it's completely omitted.

Jaimie is now blazen about his incest, Cersei admits as such to Tyrion and does not deny it to Baelish. However with Joffrey as king, how can they openly admit it, given Joffrey's reaction in the throne room and subsequent slaughter of the Baratheon bast*rds?

On another Lannister note, I like how Cersei's perception of power all revolves around money, in scenes where she rebuts Tyrion's sense that killing babies and starving half the population when there's a battle coming and you need people on your side, as irrelevant.

5. in stitches

is the scarf and too toight shirt right?

:laugh:

6. otc

otc Senior member

There was always a sort of mystical element two his first two killings. His first killing (the guy falling off the wall) had a guy falling off the middle of a bridge with nobody in sight. The second killing had (a different victim IIRC) being mauled to death by his own trusty dog. Not necessarily magic, but it takes a little bit more than smearing peanut butter on your face to get your dog to murder you.

Don't forget, there is a little more too his motivation. She "comforts" him and his damned Stark honor (especially after seeing what it meant for Ned to have fathered a bastard) pushed him to marry her. The moron could have just boned the chick and gone back to marry the Frey girl, but he didn't.

7. lefty

lefty Senior member

I literally bumped into Tobin Bell at a pharmacy. Aplogized, but he looked at me with a blank expression on his face and turned away. Locked my doors that night.

lefty

8. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Robb looks like Johnny what's-his-name from BIg Bang Theory. :laugh:

9. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

There used to be a person of extreme fame that lived nearby me. I mean, this guy literally impacted world culture, and every once in a while I would see him in a drug store or similar place. Very incongruous.

10. in stitches

*shudder*

11. in stitches

and his name waaaaaaaaaasssss?

12. javyn

javyn Senior member

I used to live down the street from Clyde "The Glyde" Drexler. Then moved, and lived not far from the wrestler, Booker T.

Now I live near no one famous.

I remember the first time Drexler spoke to me when I was a kid and went to get an autograph "Hey yo kid! Git yo hands off my Jag!"

Last edited: May 24, 2012

13. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

there's a bit in AFFC or ADWD where Arya hears the explanation of how to get someone's dog to attack. I think it was basilisk blood

That's why the Talisa story doesn't make sense. He has less reason to worry about her honor than he does the daughter of nobleman from the Seven Kingdoms. In the book Robb is foolish, but he is driven by his sense of honor in the same way his father was. In the show, it seems like it's simply a flippant decision he makes, which is ridiculous considering how dangerous he should know it is. Also, in the book both that and Catelyn's release of Jaime are motivated by the devastating news about Bran and Rickon. I can't even fathom the reason that the show decided to throw all of this in before Cat and Robb find out about Stark boys. It makes both of them look at lot more foolish and weak.

Last edited: May 24, 2012

14. in stitches

:laugh:

15. otc

otc Senior member

Not to mention, the TV show doesn't make any effort to make it seem like Bran and Rickon are actually dead. In the book, I feel like I thought they were dead for a *long* time....now they have revealed that they are alive (to the people who already didn't put together the stupid-obvious pieces) before even telling the rest of the world that they are dead. WTF was that shit where Theon was like "here is some gold for the father to pay for what we have done" while standing under the charred corpses...I thought that was enough to fill in all doubt (people assumed they were alive before but didn't know for sure). But then they pan the damn camera over to show the wildling girl sneaking her ass into the cellar in broad daylight.

Some questionable writing going on here.