1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Piobaire, Dec 5, 2010.

1. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

I'm surprised at 309. I thought that would be the finale of the season, but I guess that would probably piss off the fans if they ended it that way.

2. otc

otc Senior member

It's not the finale of the book (obviously since the whole book isn't being done this season) so I would guess it was GRRM's intention to never have it be an ending.

Honestly, I think it would be an awful place to end. Too much direct followup which gets lost if you have to spend all summer/fall/winter waiting for it.

3. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Senior member

Fucking Freys

1 person likes this.
  4. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

I agree.

They have to have at least a bit of followup to wrap up some immediate loose ends. Also, I imagine they'd include details like the direwolf head being stitched to the corpse after the fact, not during the actual episode.

5. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

So bloody pumped for this. I cannot wait.

6. otc

otc Senior member

Does anyone have an answer to this?

7. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Good point. I'm not really complaining, and I think placing it where it is will make it much more of a surprise gut punch like it was in the book. Probably moreso, seeing as Robb is more of a character in the tv show than he was in the books. I just would have expected them to go a more obvious route and end the season there. I wonder if they're going to go all the way to Joffrey's death. I could see an ending with Joffrey dying, Tyrion being arrested, Sansa escaping, and Arya burying the Hound and getting on a boat to Braavos. Then again, it's been a year or so and I read them all in a row, so that might actually be the end of the book

8. scurvyfreedman

scurvyfreedman Senior member

The Purple Wedding will be next season. And Arya didn't bury the Hound. That will be next season as well. But, it is the next season that Brienne learns that the Hound is dead. Sandor is at peace. He's the gravedigger on the Quiet Isle.

Two seasons for ASoS.
    Three seasons between AFfC and ADWD. Probably before the second or third season is when WoW comes out.
    Then the WoW season
    Then the last season of the show beats the final book by several years. Unless GRRM dies and the final book never comes out. He's old, fat, and generally in very bad physical shape.

9. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

This is like my worst nightmare.

10. lefty

lefty Senior member

You guys are really giving a lot of plot points away.

lefty

11. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

BTW, this season is supposed to have 13 episodes. It was originally going to be 10 but they added three.

12. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

I thought we were doing a pretty good job of keeping the spoilers hidden behind spoiler tags... :(

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  13. scurvyfreedman

I think you've misread things. It's 10 episodes, but they're adding 5-10 minutes per episode, so there should be the equivalent of an extra episode of plot compared to prior seasons. Had been 50 minutes each, now will be closer to full 60.

14. scurvyfreedman

When I started reading the books a friend of mine asked who my favorite character was. I was about 15 chapters into AGoT. I told him. He said, don't get too attached to anyone.

Then Ned was killed.

Then it appeared the boys were killed by Theon. That was sold much better in the books. They really blew it by not including the scene between Cat and Brienne at Riverrun.

There will be other deaths. That's not a spoiler.

Don't get too attached to anyone.

15. JustChris

JustChris Senior member

Unless they're epically unlikeable. Then they'll stay forever.

I keep waiting for that useless cunt Sansa to die. I'd be happy if something terrible happened to Littlefinger and Cersi, too, but at least they're entertaining in the meantime. Sansa is just a pointless waste of resources.

16. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

I'm guessing she's going to pull a Reek and finally find her balls and turn into an interesting character with a big role to play.

At least, that's what I hope, cause yeah, she's pretty annoying at the moment.

17. Anthony K

Anthony K Senior member

Mine too. I think I'd have a heart attack if he dropped dead before finishing the series. I know he's about 400 pages into WoW. But only the first 200 GRRM feels is complete :fu:

Don't worry, we're doing a fine job with the spoiler tags :nodding:

The only bad thing about splitting the season into two, is more Joffrey :censored:

18. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Supposedly he has told at the least the GoT producers how the series ends, so if he dropped dead, hopefully we'd at least find out the broad strokes of how everything ends up. But yeah, the man needs to quit doing conventions and expansion books and stuff, and get writing. He's like 65 and 400 pounds, I wouldn't bet on him living to a ripe old age.

For your Joffrey concern, well, there's always this:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

19. scurvyfreedman

Many of the teaser chapters that he's read at the various Cons were cut from ADwD. He had 200 pages done before he even began. There was the World of book. Then he edited that short story book. He's promising a Dunk and Egg story. And, he's got a development deal with HBO. Plus he's writing one ep per season and reviewing story plans for every other episode to make sure it's not conflicting.

He's stretched too thin for a man of his age and girth. He needs to focus and get WoW out within 2 years then get cracking on ADoS.

20. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

I feel like Sansa is moving towards the point where she's growing up and becoming a real human being. There are only a few completely irredeemable characters in the series: Joffrey, Ramsay, Gregor Clegane. Even Cersei shows flashes of humanity by the end, and even though I'm sure she will remain a villain to the end, I found it hard not to have a certain amount of sympathy for her.