• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official 2012 College Football Season Thread

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1. What just happened here? Shouldn't have ended this way.

without a doubt... gave themselves no chance to win and sacrificed at least one more shot at the end zone... smh

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those motherfuckers had better beat Notre Dame is all I'm going to say.

Still bullshit that UGA will end up playing in the Capital One Bowl (probably) when we were one play away from playing for the championship. Only in the SEC would that happen. We obviously showed we can play with the big boys with that one, soft schedule or no.

Last edited:

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My guess is that it was because A&M beat Alabama by keeping them on their heels.

Still, that's the best football game I've seen in years. Sucks to lose it, but that holy **** that was insane to watch.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah sucks to lose but there's no shame in that game. Wish the D had held up better against the run but we gave it everything we had and came as close as you can get.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Still bullshit that UGA will end up playing in the Capital One Bowl (probably) when we were one play away from playing for the championship. Only in the SEC would that happen. We obviously showed we can play with the big boys with that one, soft schedule or no.

It will be the Cotton Bowl, but I agree with the sentiment, even as I'm doing my best not to be a sore loser. It would have been one thing if the SEC loser had gotten pushed around, but it really stings that Georgia was thisclose to taking the SEC only to wind up out of a BCS bowl while a team they beat goes to one. As much as I thought that idea kind of sucked before, I think it's completely indefensible now.

Last edited:

upthewazzu

Reaction score
Quote:
Naw, that's not nearly as bad as the fall Oregon State took a couple years back when they lost to Oregon in the Civil War. Can't remember the year, maybe '08 or '09, but had they won it would have been the Rose Bowl, instead they were sent to the Las Vegas Bowl. Ouch.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Naw, that's not nearly as bad as the fall Oregon State took a couple years back when they lost to Oregon in the Civil War. Can't remember the year, maybe '08 or '09, but had they won it would have been the Rose Bowl, instead they were sent to the Las Vegas Bowl. Ouch.

I don't know Oregon State's record that year, but that kind of thing is pretty common. Rutgers is probably going to go to a relatively ****** bowl this year instead of a BCS bowl, because the Big East blows. Hell, Georgia Tech could swing between the Orange Bowl and not playing in a bowl game period this year. Maybe the severity of the drop is unusual, but that doesn't even rank (IMO) compared to dropping from ten seconds away from a BCS Championship shot to the Cotton Bowl. Especially when you lose in a conference championship game (not regular season like that one you mentioned) and get beat out for a BCS bid by a team that lost to you and is in your division.

I wouldn't have traded positions with Florida, but it still sucks.

Last edited:

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wisconsin is off to a good start against Nebraska. Game just started and the score is 14 to zip. I'd like to see the Cornhuskers win this one.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

No game that good should end with the losing team on the field watching the clock run out.

Yeah, that was gut wrenching. It took me a second to figure out why no one was doing anything as the clock ran down. Then they showed Murray's face, and the look he had made me realize they were helpless.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

@Mr.G. Watch that chin, us Alabama fans are all over Atlanta.

Hey guys, we found the jet of the College Football thread, and he happens to be an Alabama fan.

Tide Baby, Tide!

Douche.

Last edited:

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also, from Saban:

""It would be a crying shame if Georgia doesn't get to go to a BCS bowl game. They played a tremendous game out there. That was a great football game, by both teams. It came right down to the last play."

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The three-and-out possession up 28-25 is going to haunt Georgia for a long, long time. At the very least, you need to take time off the clock and flip field position.

habanos

Reaction score
Roll Tide Smith!! What a great game, down to the wire. Dawg fans should be mad at Bobo for being Bobo. Ga. has some great talent and almost won it. Either way the SEC is dominant again. This is the best GA team I have seen in at least 5 years and was probably Mark's only chance at holding crystal. Mr. G there is no reason to slam Bama bringing up Harvey and the teabagger. Ga. has regular problems with players like Crowell and the drunk guy who broke in a girls apartment to pass out drunk on her couch a few years back. It was nice to see Russ with his jersey and red collar today moving into his mascot role.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads