1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official 2012 College Football Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by MrG, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

Is it just me or is Manti Te'o looking really overrated this game?

2. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

Honestly, Notre Dame is getting gangbanged so hard, one great player is useless without ten others.

3. MrG

MrG Senior member

On This Lonely Road, Tryin' to Make it Home

Gotcha. Didn't catch that.

Yeah, that was equal parts :laugh: and :uhoh:.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  4. Pennglock

Pennglock Senior member

This is a case of men against boys sure enough, but I think youve mixed up the roles.

5. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

Eddie Lacy doesn't give a shit about defenders.

6. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

Notre Dame doesn't give a shit about being in the championship game either.

7. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Senior member

Typical SEC teams, scheduling out-of-conference cupcakes. Usually don't see it so late in the season though.

6 people like this.
  8. shadesofbeige

shadesofbeige Senior member

What the hell is urban Meyer doing here? Did he forget that he quit his espn gig? How completely irrelevant

1 person likes this.
  9. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

I tried to tell these people up here that ND had no chance against the SEC. You'd think that Chicago money could buy some better players.

10. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

Anybody else here consider it an injustice that Notre Dame finished up in the final (post BCS Championship) ratings ahead of Texas A&M?

2 people like this.
  11. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Two losses still speaks, even if they beat Alabama. Tied at 5 seems about right for A&M.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  12. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

I just want to throw this out there....

Nick Saban's daughter (greater than sign) AJ McCarron's gf.

https://twitter.com/JRTuttle4/status/288483571692347392/photo/1

Also, I thought ND was overrated all season. They are perhaps more confounding than FSU this year. They played a bitch of a schedule, OK Michigan State ended up not being that hot but they were top-10 when they played ND. But they also played A LOT of really bad football... I mean, bad. They were mediocre against Wake and BC, they got VERY lucky against BYU, they needed a missed FG against Pitt (Pitt!) in triple overtime. The last two games were at home, no less.

So basically, I really don't know what to think.

13. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

14. adsmith4

adsmith4 Senior member

Texas_Jack is correct. Kristen Saban was one of my ex girlfriend's pledge sisters and she looks absolutely nothing like that first picture.

15. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

If you were a highly recruited high school quarterback, would you play for Nick Saban at Alabama? You'll be in the national championship hunt ever year, but no one will know how good you are because your role is a game manager who hands the ball off to the star running back(s) and makes a few plays when called upon to do so.

16. adsmith4

adsmith4 Senior member

The "game manager" title is overplayed. You play the game to win, not to inflate your stats. Why wouldn't you want to come to Alabama and have a chance to win a championship every season? BTW, game managers don't throw for over 250 yards in two consecutive national championship games. 30 touchdowns on the season to only 3 interceptions. Tell me how Matt Barkley, who we all know is better than McCarron, fared by going to USC in a pass oriented offense? Go to Alabama, mature as a player and a person, win championships, play on national television week in and week out, and ultimately be drafted in the first two rounds. Sounds like a no brainer to me.

17. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

What are John Parker Wilson and Greg McElroy up to these days?

1 person likes this.
  18. adsmith4

adsmith4 Senior member

Making quite a nice living in the NFL as backups. The same thing, Matt Leinart, John David Booty, Ryan Mallet, and soon to be Mark Sanchez are all doing. McCarron is head and shoulders better than either McElroy or Wilson so that's a ludicrous comparison. Just because you go to a passing college and put up gaudy numbers doesn't mean you will be a successful NFL QB. Andrew Luck is a prime example of being able to play in the NFL despite not playing for a pass oriented offense in college.

19. Reynard369

Reynard369 Senior member

Someone x-post these to WYHI?