• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Olderfellow

Reaction score
Which color polish did you use?

I haven't polished them yet. The first picture showing the boots with the Saphir polish was posted by another member here. They looked so much better than they do on the Outlet store that I was too curious not to order them. They are burnished Beech.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I haven't polished them yet. The first picture showing the boots with the Saphir polish was posted by another member here. They looked so much better than they do on the Outlet store that I was too curious not to order them. They are burnished Beech.
Note to newer members (not the right honourable @Olderfellow), be wary of using the renavateur cream on burnished boots as will remove said burnishing. Lovely colour those and I suspect difficult to picture.

MSAINT

Reaction score
Note to newer members (not the right honourable @Olderfellow), be wary of using the renavateur cream on burnished boots as will remove said burnishing. Lovely colour those and I suspect difficult to picture.

As I said, the Renovateur is made to clean the shoe by removing old waxes... But this, of course, works perfectly ans exactly the same with new waxes, burnishing being a simple patina and not a dye, it's immediately and easily removed.
That's what I did on my kudu Eton from The Shoe Room as I didn't like the burnishing on those boots.

princealbert

Reaction score
The James is made on the W2298 last and although that is a different last to the Woodstock I'd definitely recommend going for the same size as the Woodstock.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Misterg style pic of bourbon cordovan chukkas.

Metrosey

Reaction score
Nooooooooo, my Suede is discounted, well, I don't have the money now. Finished my final day of Uni today, will start looking for jobs next month. Perhaps next Summer then for the boot.

At least we got the MTO running, that's more important anyway :)

Last edited:

Olderfellow

Reaction score
You poor man. You are an 8.5? How are you getting on with your Consul shoes?

Love them. A good fit too. They are on the 173 last but would have preferred the 73. Seem OK given that they're post Prada but didn't (and wouldn't have) paid full RRP.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads