• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Olderfellow

Reaction score
Nooooooooo, my Suede is discounted

Which suede?

Nothing in the sale at the moment grabs, thankfully, except for Stows in burnt sugar. What might happen is that stock remaining when sale ends will be turn up on the Outlet site and then you have to wait for another 20% flash sale day.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Which suede?

Nothing in the sale at the moment grabs, thankfully, except for Stows in burnt sugar. What might happen is that stock remaining when sale ends will be turn up on the Outlet site and then you have to wait for another 20% flash sale day.
Those are the ones he liked. Lovely
Colour. I think the hatch grain are a buy if someone was looking at a Stow. Really unusual leather in ‘the flesh’!
Hopefully the monkeys are true to size...

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nooooooooo, my Suede is discounted, well, I don't have the money now. Finished my final day of Uni today, will start looking for jobs next month. Perhaps next Summer then for the boot.

At least we got the MTO running, that's more important anyway :)

Such sales will come again. Be strong!

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Nice. Do you get toe taps on your leather soled shoes, or don’t you wear the toe area down like some? I am not that grinds them down. Quite annoying.

I’ve a pair of horse hide Viberg and not sure what to do on the leather soles.. other boots I’ve had Topy soles attached and makes no discernible difference to feel or balance. Wear rate dramatically increased.

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love them. A good fit too. They are on the 173 last but would have preferred the 73. Seem OK given that they're post Prada but didn't (and wouldn't have) paid full RRP.
How about THIS one to get your heart racing. A pair of old stock Consul, on the 73 last and with channelled sole. You can see the attention to detail. Church's certainly don’t make the Consul like they used to. Shoes like this are going for closer to a thousand pounds (namely the 202 Chelsea by Edward Green).

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spreadsheets, now we're talking. Relational Databases next :)
If you have an account on the Crockett & Jones website, you can add various models to your ‘My Collection’ area. I just looked at it now. I have owned close to 10 models by the brand. I’m now down to four. All boots: Snowdon, Radnor (Russian), Skye, Chiltern.

Olderfellow

Reaction score
old stock Consul, on the 73 last and with channelled sole

Christ! They're so expensive I couldn't possibly actually wear them. They would have to reside in one of my temperature-controlled rooms, along with my unworn Tricker's veldtshoen shoes and boots and signed photo of Arthur Askey.

ndmiller

Reaction score
First pair of cordovan ordered... for some reason I’ve had my eye on the cipresso so two firsts. Monkey boot plus cordovan...

How does the 5402R last compare to the 4497s. I'm between an UK8.5 (Break in necessary) and UK9 (Ready to wear) in the 4497S, I've heard I need to upsize 1/2 size?

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
How does the 5402R last compare to the 4497s. I'm between an UK8.5 (Break in necessary) and UK9 (Ready to wear) in the 4497S, I've heard I need to upsize 1/2 size?
Varying reports...

I went true to size that I wear in 4497s so will find out Monday hopefully... my half size up was available too so I was more than nervous!

Some people suggest sizing up half and some don’t. Not had any on the last before but assuming it’s similar to 2298 (it’s late that may be wrong) and I can fit in those albeit snugly!

Olderfellow

Reaction score
How does the 5402R last compare to the 4497s

As you'll probably know, Pediwear recommends going up a half size for the 5402R last. But I have one pair of Monkey boots on this last and found no difference between this and the 4497s, mainly because with the Monkey boot you can adjust the lacing all the way up on either side.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads