• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

stook1

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I received my pair of bourbon shell chukkas from Mr Porter last night. I didnt have a chance to snap any pics but can confirm that they are definitely horween and definitely bourbon. This is my first pair of trickers but they seem to be quite well made.

ndmiller

Reaction score
zippyh/Olderfellow,

Since you both have a HUGE sample set of experience........Do all your Trickerss in the same model, same last, fit similarly or have you had to up/down sizing accordingly? Same last different model fit similarly?

zippyh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the most part, same last pairs fit similarly. There are some pairs that fit differently though. Not enough to change size but I do notice.

I’ve found Alden to vary more. Trickers are pretty consistent.

Olderfellow

Reaction score
Since you both have a HUGE sample set of experience........Do all your Trickerss in the same model, same last, fit similarly or have you had to up/down sizing accordingly?
Sample set. I like it! I would concur with zippyh. I would say that one in 20 boots on the same last is significantly tighter and the odd one or two looser. Other than that most are consistent. But not so consistent that I wouldn't ask try on another pair in the same size before dismissing out of hand a boot in a given size

MSAINT

Reaction score
For the most part, same last pairs fit similarly. There are some pairs that fit differently though. Not enough to change size but I do notice.

I’ve found Alden to vary more. Trickers are pretty consistent.

Lucky you I find huge (up to half size) differences in my Stow in 4497S - 6.5 - 5... Around one on 3 have variation with my standard (my first pair of Stow in Expresso)
Captoes are more regular in my case.

Crafty Cumbrian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no "x" except if you wear more than one hat at the time ;)
Thank you kind sir. I love watching the cycling and that’s always what they say when a rider has had a good ride so I’ve adopted as part of my vernacular! 😆

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.