• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

with a barbour welt? here is the barbour welt on 81 last. as you can see much smaller than 4497

width

I can do that if it's an antique/dark brown edging and there's tonal stitching.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ohh yeah some tan stitching would be great here is an example of the stitch

the tan really sets of the green color. by contrast matching black/black

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ohh yeah some tan stitching would be great here is an example of the stitch

the tan really sets of the green color. by contrast matching black/black

Tan stitching on antique looks good to me. Can do black/black also, if you need to change it up.

Massachusetts

Reaction score

what last are you guys thinking? 4497 is the round last used in that makeup

NAMOR, was this the make-up you recently did that ended up being the wrong size for you? I could go for Cipresso, cap toe, 4497 (if that is what is in the pic), dainite, antique edge trim, tan stitching, all brass eyelets……

I'd be in, but I'm not sure I can be the "air traffic controller" on this GMTO (I'm heading out of the country for a bit)…….

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah the was the 2298 yoda boot in cipresso shell.

Zippyh, what do you think of the 81 as it relates to 2298 last? Does one fit you better? 2298 ime felt about 1/4 too small

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Wore my cipresso 2298 boots today. They fit but they still seem really stiff. They're breaking in really slowly as contrasted with some calf chukkas I have on 2298 which felt fine right away.

BurntPockets

Reaction score
I don't really have the bandwidth to organize another GMTO right now but I could be in for the following:

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/h...35/11419160_1689857254570862_1525882324_n.jpg

Is there a trickers model like that, but with a perforated captoe? Something like the JCrew Alden PCT boot would be sweet in cipresso. Or perhaps, if possible, request a perforated modification to the captoe from the pic above?

If you were inclined to get it started you get reach out to Richard at Shoehealer: http://www.shoehealer.co.uk/. He is exceptionally helpful in all things Tricker's.
I emailed shoehealer last week for an update regarding the status NAMOR's GMTO as well as the possibility of a cipresso gmto boot. The response was that they were having issues with cordovan at the factory and are reluctant to accept any more cordovan orders at the moment, at least until they are happy with all colors of cordovan. They didn't even have an estimated delivery date for NAMOR's GMTO yet. This was from Michelle, not Richard though.

This was my first time dealing with shoehealers, perhaps someone more seasoned may get a better response.

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh that's right. Similar color and toe shape. A man of boot riches, I want to be like zippy when I grow up :D

I read one of your posts on the 81 last and you sized same as 4497 last. Do you feel any discomfort with the 81 last? Is it a good fit?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Is there a trickers model like that, but with a perforated captoe? Something like the JCrew Alden PCT boot would be sweet in cipresso. Or perhaps, if possible, request a perforated modification to the captoe from the pic above? I emailed shoehealer last week for an update regarding the status NAMOR's GMTO as well as the possibility of a cipresso gmto boot. The response was that they were having issues with cordovan at the factory and are reluctant to accept any more cordovan orders at the moment, at least until they are happy with all colors of cordovan. They didn't even have an estimated delivery date for NAMOR's GMTO yet. This was from Michelle, not Richard though. This was my first time dealing with shoehealers, perhaps someone more seasoned may get a better response.
interesting. im more than willing to wait a few extra weeks if it means we are getting a perfect boot. so far i havent seen any odd colored shell. in any case, if youre interested in a cipresso boot, we have a 3-4 interested member.s ill try and put together a tentative makeup this evening. stay tuned friends!

BurntPockets

Reaction score
interesting. im more than willing to wait a few extra weeks if it means we are getting a perfect boot. so far i havent seen any odd colored shell. in any case, if youre interested in a cipresso boot, we have a 3-4 interested member.s ill try and put together a tentative makeup this evening. stay tuned friends!
Count me in
fistbump.gif

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cipresso Punch Cap Superboot GMTO (pending approval)

Model: Punch Cap Superboot

Color: Cipresso

Last: 81 (the one on the right. by comparison 4497 on the left)

Welt and Outsole: Brown Barbour Welt on brown dainite

Welt Stitching: Tan

Eyelets, pulltab, shoe lace color????

Cost: £412.50 shipped CONUS

we need 6 to get this made

expressed interest so far:

1. Massachusetts
  2. BurntPockets
  3. wklq76a
  4. NAMOR

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads