• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

BurntPockets

Reaction score

Lining/tabs: Blue

Eyelets:Silver

Quote:

Color: Cipresso

Last: 81 (the one on the right. by comparison 4497 on the left)

Welt and Outsole: Brown Barbour Welt on brown dainite

Welt Stitching: Tan

Eyelets, pulltab, shoe lace color????

Cost: £412.50 shipped CONUS

we need 6 to get this made

expressed interest so far:

1. Massachusetts
  2. BurntPockets
  3. wklq76a
  4. NAMOR

Last edited:

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cipresso Punch Cap Superboot GMTO (pending approval)

Model: Punch Cap Superboot

Last: 81 (the one on the right. by comparison 4497 on the left)

Welt and Outsole: Brown Barbour Welt on brown dainite

Eyelets, pulltab, shoe lace color????

Cost: £412.50 shipped CONUS

we need 6 to get this made

expressed interest so far:

1. Massachusetts
  2. BurntPockets
  3. wklq76a
  4. NAMOR

Thanks for putting this together! I'd want antique brass eyelets (or something else that doesn't "pop") for me to jump in on this boot. I know the shiny brass or silver are very popular, but it's just not what I'm looking for in this pair. No worries if that's what you guys want for this GMTO - I'm fine waiting for the next one :)

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Oh that's right. Similar color and toe shape. A man of boot riches, I want to be like zippy when I grow up :D

I read one of your posts on the 81 last and you sized same as 4497 last. Do you feel any discomfort with the 81 last? Is it a good fit?

I'm wearing my 81 last cap toes today. Not discomfort for me.
They feel about the same as the 2298 in the toes but maybe a bit more room through the instep as compared to the cipresso cordovan 2298 I wore yesterday.
I think that's mainly due to the cordovan being stiffer.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks for putting this together! I'd want antique brass eyelets (or something else that doesn't "pop") for me to jump in on this boot. I know the shiny brass or silver are very popular, but it's just not what I'm looking for in this pair. No worries if that's what you guys want for this GMTO - I'm fine waiting for the next one :)
What are antique brass eyelets?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh yeah I see what you mean. Unfortunately those aren't available. This is what I was told is available:

Light brown
Dark brown
Brass
Silver
Black
White

Ultimately I just want to get the boot made so I suspect the dark brown would be a safe pick and a nice complement to match the outsole

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm wearing my 81 last cap toes today. Not discomfort for me.
They feel about the same as the 2298 in the toes but maybe a bit more room through the instep as compared to the cipresso cordovan 2298 I wore yesterday.
I think that's mainly due to the cordovan being stiffer.

Oh thanks that's what I was hoping to hear. And the pic you showed comparing 81 and 4497 shoes the 81 last to be a little longer which if is the case would be a god send because 2298 felt a little short

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah I see what you mean. Unfortunately those aren't available. This is what I was told is available:

Light brown
Dark brown
Brass
Silver
Black
White

Ultimately I just want to get the boot made so I suspect the dark brown would be a safe pick and a nice complement to match the outsole
Am down with dark brown
fistbump.gif

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Down with the brown too. Burnt pockets, you cool with that? I know you're tastes are more rock star than what we plain folk had in mind.

Btw, from richard:

Lining Colours available are;
Natural, Black, Dark Brown, Electric Blue, Navy Blue, Red, Orange, Dark Green, Vintage Green or Burgundy.

Eyelets are;
Brass, Silver, Dark Brown, Light Brown or Black.

Speedhooks are;
Gunmetal, Silver or Brass.

Pull Loops;
Black, Off-White, Dark Brown, Royal Blue, Navy Blue, Green, Purple, Red or Orange.

Welt Type is Flat Welt (city style) or Barbour Welt in Natural or Painted finish. In painted finish, we could probably specify Black, Light Brown (Tan) or Dark Brown. The ‘exact’ colour or shade of the Welt is always at factory discretion.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What do you think of a contrasting pull loop/lining combo? No one would be able to see it of course. My green Trickers have a red lining whereas my Mogano Trickers have a green lining. It's a lovely contrast that invisible when worn

Could be something as simple as natural (cream) lining and natural color pull loop

Last edited:

BurntPockets

Reaction score
How do the light brown eyelets look? If they are still too much pop, I would be ok with the dark brown then. Was originally hoping for a bit of contrast in the eyelets, the light brown may be a good middle ground.

Love the idea of contrast lining and tabs

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think light brown would look great. Now that I think of it my green Lw boots have the light brown eyelets and it's a good looking pairing which when paired with tan laces looks pretty darn good.
width

Last edited:

BurntPockets

Reaction score
I think light brown would look great. Now that I think of it my green Lw boots have the light brown eyelets and it's a good looking pairing which when paired with tan laces looks pretty darn good.
Looks amazing, the tan laces really bring out the other colors. Tan laces, with the light brown eyelets, and a perhaps a tan or natural barbour welt on the brown dainite would go well together

Massachusetts

Reaction score
NAMOR,
Thanks for leading the charge on this.

Here is my two cents:

Model: Punch Cap Toe

Last: 81

Welt: Brown Barbour

Outsole: Brown Dainite (having Blue Dainite would be a deal-breaker for me - sorry)

Eyelets: Dark Brown (but I'm flexible)

Lining: Would prefer Red, but I'm flexible (I am not a fan of blue)

Pulltab: I'm flexible. Red or Tan or Light Brown would all work for me.

Laces: I'm flexible.

Thanks - I'm hoping we get a meeting of the minds for 6 to be in.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads