• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
should be saved for future generations

Trickers size 12 "Rippon " Tundra shell cordovan tramping boot on double leather sole

Massachusetts

Reaction score

If there's interest in a Loden or Cipresso shell brogue or jumper style boot I would love to join. Been away from SF for a while; all the past green shell GMTO's look absolutely amazing. Nothing says Christmas more than some green shell boots and perhaps temporarily swapping in some red laces.

I would be interested in a GMTO for a Cipresso shell jumper / cap-toe with dark edge trim and Dainite. please let me know if this gets any legs…...

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Exactly! Those look just about perfect (the only change I'd make is to use all eyelets rather than speed-hooks - I've scratched up some other shell with speed-hooks).

If you were inclined to get it started you get reach out to Richard at Shoehealer: http://www.shoehealer.co.uk/. He is exceptionally helpful in all things Tricker's.

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Froswick is on the 4444. There's plenty of advice on the 4444 in this thread.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

what last are you guys thinking? 4497 is the round last used in that makeup

My top choice would be 81 last but would roll with it if 4497 is what the majority prefers. Deal breaker for me would be having the thick welt that most Tricker's do.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yeah i agree about the welt. the 4497 would guarantee the monster welt, from from zippy

4497 on left and 81 on right
width

i also like the model on the right, i prefer the 9 smaller metal eyelets vs 7 big eyelets

Last edited:

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yeah i agree about the welt. the 4497 would guarantee the monster welt, from from zippy

4497 on left and 81 on right

If we do Zippy's boot on the right in cispresso I am pretty much guaranteed in. I don't have a preference about speedhooks vs eyelets.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
with a barbour welt? here is the barbour welt on 81 last. as you can see much smaller than 4497

width

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
here is the 81 on a trickers bal boot. looks really nice here. I think the more casual looking brown barbour welt would look great with the cipresso since green is a more casual color

width

IMG]

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads