• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

planetarium

Reaction score
Anybody familiar with the 13187 last?

Herring and Paul Smith have some makeups on this last, but I can't find much info on it beyond that. Comparisons to the 4497s would be great :)

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I've got a pair of the Herring Boorman which is on the 13187.
Fits pretty much the same as the 4497.

What are the Paul Smith/Tricker's you speak of?

Tweedboy

Reaction score
Hi just thought I'd add to the Trickers love with a pic of Allan boots in Lollipop Cavalier. Had them for about 18 months.

Grove

Reaction score
Styleforum x Tricker's Allan MTO in Teak Cordo: around 5mos of light wear

allanFIT2.jpg

I'm not a fan of Cordovan country boots but this make up is great. Lovely boots and I'm sure they'll look absolutely stunning with some proper wear. Looking forward to seeing some more shots further down the line.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
trickers double leather outsoles are some of the hardiest in the business, ime. in terms of longevity i would rank them C&J, and ALden, in that order. I dont suffer from any foot ailment so im not bothered by the typically long break in time of hearty outsoles. alden double is the most comfortable of the bunch but also the thinnest

sleepyinsanfran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
trickers double leather outsoles are some of the hardiest in the business, ime. in terms of longevity i would rank them C&J, and ALden, in that order. I dont suffer from any foot ailment so im not bothered by the typically long break in time of hearty outsoles. alden double is the most comfortable of the bunch but also the thinnest

That's great to know, thanks!

wima69

Reaction score
Hello together,

I just want to indroduce myself and thank all of you who posted under this thread. Because I m from Germany I m nearer to Tricker´s factory then most of you but the most interesting facts about their boots I ve got from here.

My first pair of Tricker´s (Stow lollipop red) I bought a few month ago in the oldest city of Germany where a small store was selling out its clothing and shoe section. Because the boots are so comfortable (the 4497s last) I looked around and found two other pairs at Pediwear (Stow in navy and Windermere (Jimmy) in marron antic). To make it round I bought two pairs from retricker on ebay a pair of Stow on commando sole in beachnut (all others got dainite soles) and a pair of Eaton in espresso.

Now I think I ve got boots for the rest of my life - let s see what will come - perhaps a pair of Trickers monkey boots I ve a deep focus on (and mailed with Richard from Shoehealer about).

Have a nice day

Markus

Last edited:

wima69

Reaction score
Yes the right in front is the Windermere (not Grasmere). I like it very much. The green sole is not as dominant like it seemed to be on the pictures on Pediwear. It fit ´s very good even it isn´ t as high as a Stow and it is weareable on a rainy summersday as well as in autumn or winter.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ocutene