• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Carson

Reaction score
I have never had Vibrams (not really my scene) but if it is just the look of the sole that you dislike then that is an easy solve ... Dainite, Ridgeway, Commando, leather .... they are all fabulous and you have great boots there.

Or is it the Acorn colour that you dislike? Well, that is classic and much-loved but if you don't like it you will never be happy. (I had this recently with a pair of suede shoes and I am just about to dye them to bring the smile back to my face.) You could have the Stows dyed, especially as Acorn is a light colour. Personally, I love it. I have a pair of Acorn Bourtons and over time they have come to resemble 1001 Burnished ... admiring glances whenever I wear them.
THanks for the response. I was referring to the white vibram sole. Actually, in person it's kind of interesting and unique. They are very comfortable and it's working out fine with denim for casual wear. Perhaps down the road, I'll replace it with dainite. Cheers.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where is the best place to shop for Trickers in London? Looking for the widest variety of styles and sizes.

Grove

Reaction score
Start at Trickers shop on Jermyn St. and see how far you can make it up the road before your credit card melts!

Last edited:

inn8chiro

Reaction score
I am trying to come up with a MTO monkey boot in acorn, but I can't think of any good combos. Anyone have any ideas? Of course going through Richard.

Mighty Morris

Reaction score
Where is the best place to shop for Trickers in London? Looking for the widest variety of styles and sizes.

Just about the only place is the Tricker's shop at:

67 Jermyn Street
St James's
London
SW1Y 6NY

Other places might have a few styles but this is where you will find the widest selection. And there are many of their competitors along the street - C&J, Lobb, Cheaney (coming soon) et al.

As Grove says, you are likely to melt your card and go home broke but happy.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Bunch of cool Tricker's on sale at the Bureau.
Lots of suede.

buzzlulu

Reaction score
Is there a difference between Golden Tan suede and Curry suede or are they actually the same color and different shops use the names interchangeably?

Frans Boone has Curry suede which looks similar to Golden Tan suede

Last edited:

nullspace

Reaction score
I'm 7D or E in Barrie and US8 in most sneakers. Will UK6.5 fitting 5 in 4444 last be too big? I don't own any Trickers at the moment & is thinking of grabbing a pair during sale.

Can anyone with sizing experience advises? Thanks.

I'm a 9D Barrie, 9.5D/9E Brannock, and I take an 8.5UK fitting 5 for the 4444. I do have some extra volume in the shoe, but a thin insole mostly takes care of that problem for me. I tried on the 8UK for the 4444, and it was a bit too small for me.

What's the return policy like for where you're buying from?

Giannis

Reaction score
What shoe cream is suitable for the c shade trickers? Something that can keep the colour as close to as it originaly is. I want to avoid them getting darker or redish. Any products frmo saphir?

milw50717

Reaction score

What shoe cream is suitable for the c shade trickers? Something that can keep the colour as close to as it originaly is. I want to avoid them getting darker or redish. Any products frmo saphir? 

How about using a neutral or clear polish?

buzzlulu

Reaction score
Last edited:

milw50717

Reaction score

Never used that before so I dont know if the neutral or clear creme can cover any signs of wear as the coloured cream do.

It will restore a shine and cover slight scuffs, bit not to the same extent as a polish that contains a coloured dye close to the colour of the leather.

Dino19

Reaction score
I'm a 9D Barrie, 9.5D/9E Brannock, and I take an 8.5UK fitting 5 for the 4444. I do have some extra volume in the shoe, but a thin insole mostly takes care of that problem for me. I tried on the 8UK for the 4444, and it was a bit too small for me.

What's the return policy like for where you're buying from?

Thanks for your valueable advice.

I only have the chance to try on the 4497 last fitting 5. UK6 is too tight & UK7 is way too loose. Thus, I reckon UK6.5 would be the right size, which incidentally is my usual UK size. However, from info I gathered in this thread, most said that 4444 last was half size bigger than the 4497 last & should size down. Hence, the doubt creeps in. Plus, the pair is a sale item & probably has no return policy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads