• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No idea. I assume they're clearing inventory. THey may get more, but I doubt they'll be the same price.

Aviv

Reaction score

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just purchased my first pair of Trickers from the ebay shop: http://www.ebay.com/itm/181427339103?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

My fingers are crossed that sizing will be right (as usual). I am generally an 11-11.5 in US workbooks (Red Wing, Chippewa). In most Viberg lasts I've tried on I'm a solid 10.5. Hoping the 10.5 on the Trickers 2161 last works out! Any thoughts ye olde Trickers experts?

I've not tried the Chepstow, but I'm a US 12 in RW Iron Rangers, and take a UK 11 in Trickers Stow. Brad etc. The Trickers are a tad wider in the toe box. You're in the right ball-park, but it really depends on your foot shape.

Aviv

Reaction score
I've not tried the Chepstow, but I'm a US 12 in RW Iron Rangers, and take a UK 11 in Trickers Stow. Brad etc. The Trickers are a tad wider in the toe box. You're in the right ball-park, but it really depends on your foot shape.

Thanks for the reply. I think I should be just fine. I can't imagine going down to a 10 as my foot is quite long (though it is also narrow but that's just my lot and sometimes lasts feel wide on my heel).

flaudia402

Reaction score
Just purchased my first pair of Trickers from the ebay shop: http://www.ebay.com/itm/181427339103?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

My fingers are crossed that sizing will be right (as usual). I am generally an 11-11.5 in US workbooks (Red Wing, Chippewa). In most Viberg lasts I've tried on I'm a solid 10.5. Hoping the 10.5 on the Trickers 2161 last works out! Any thoughts ye olde Trickers experts?

What's your true Brannock sizing? This is the most helpful.

For instance, I'm a true 11.5 B/C in US sizing. My left foot is narrower than my right. However my sizing goes as follows in the shoes I own:

10.5 D in the RW IR's
11 D in RW 1907's
10.5 D in my Wolverine 1k's
10.5 D in Chippewa Jcrew boot
11.5 C in Alden Abderdeen last (Tassel Loafers)
11.5 C in Allen Edmonds 65 Last (Park Ave; Strand; Neumok; etc.)
11 UK in Trickers Daniels and Trickers Stow (I went a full size down from US sizing at first with a 10.5 UK and while the shoes fit nice and snug around my heel, my toes were rubbing the top of the shoe - no good).
11 D (US sizing) in CJ 325 Last (RL by CJ Marlows --> identical to the Pembrokes)
10.5 E (UK sizing) in CJ 368 Last (Islay's)
11.5 D in Sperry Topsiders
11.5 in Nike Free Airs
11.5 in Converse Jack Purcells

So you can see I always start off with my true to size 11.5 and then have to work around there. Hope yours work out for you!

Last edited:

Aviv

Reaction score
Dude! I am confused...10.5 in chippewa jcrew but 11 in trickers? I'm 11 in chippewa jcrew...

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Just purchased my first pair of Trickers from the ebay shop: http://www.ebay.com/itm/181427339103?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

1 size down from US is a safe bet. sounds like 10.5 trickers will fit

flaudia402

Reaction score
Dude! I am confused...10.5 in chippewa jcrew but 11 in trickers? I'm 11 in chippewa jcrew...

The Chippewa Jcrew boot is identical to the Wolverine 1k's. I've written about this before elsewhere. They DO NOT run TTS. They run a full size too large, and myself and other people will all agree that with those two boots, sizing down a full size was best. I forgot to mention this, but this was also my experience with the Clarks Desert Boot ages ago.

While the consensus of sizing down a full size for the Trickers has been thrown around - I disagree with this. I've even spoken to Richard over at Shoe Healer and he's even told me sizing down 1/2 size from your US size to the UK size is a much safer bet, and I agree with him.

With the Stow's, while sizing down a full size 10.5 UK (my TTS is 11.5 C) fit, I found that as I walked my toe was rubbing the top of the boot. This was with thin dress socks. If I went with thicker wool socks (which you commonly do in winter time with boots), it was uncomfortable. Mind you, I have narrow feet too so someone with medium/wide feet will most certainly need to take this into consideration.

Again, YMMV, but this was my experience with both Trickers models I had (Daniels and Stows).

Last edited:

unipair guy

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Trickers sale boots on the 5420 last which is a little slimmer than 4497 but take your regular Trickers size. Please pm me for prices and questions.

Last edited:

Carson

Reaction score
Anyone have a pair of Tricker's stow on the white Vibram flex sole that they love?? I impulsively bought one from End a few days ago, since they were 25% off - in acorn, which seemed nice at the time - but I am now having second thoughts, like "when am I really going to wear this?"

I guess it's best for casual street wear with a good pair of denim….

Would probably send back, but hate the idea of paying return shipping and getting stuck with customs duties, which means a 25% loss.

Could use some inspiring words, if anyone has any love for them. Thanks in advance…I've been doing way too much impulsive buying lately...

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stow in acorn is a classic Tricker's boot.

Dino19

Reaction score
I'm 7D or E in Barrie and US8 in most sneakers. Will UK6.5 fitting 5 in 4444 last be too big? I don't own any Trickers at the moment & is thinking of grabbing a pair during sale.

Can anyone with sizing experience advises? Thanks.

Mighty Morris

Reaction score
Anyone have a pair of Tricker's stow on the white Vibram flex sole that they love?? I impulsively bought one from End a few days ago, since they were 25% off - in acorn, which seemed nice at the time - but I am now having second thoughts, like "when am I really going to wear this?"

I guess it's best for casual street wear with a good pair of denim….

Would probably send back, but hate the idea of paying return shipping and getting stuck with customs duties, which means a 25% loss.

Could use some inspiring words, if anyone has any love for them. Thanks in advance…I've been doing way too much impulsive buying lately...

I have never had Vibrams (not really my scene) but if it is just the look of the sole that you dislike then that is an easy solve ... Dainite, Ridgeway, Commando, leather .... they are all fabulous and you have great boots there.

Or is it the Acorn colour that you dislike? Well, that is classic and much-loved but if you don't like it you will never be happy. (I had this recently with a pair of suede shoes and I am just about to dye them to bring the smile back to my face.) You could have the Stows dyed, especially as Acorn is a light colour. Personally, I love it. I have a pair of Acorn Bourtons and over time they have come to resemble 1001 Burnished ... admiring glances whenever I wear them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics