• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

calidist

Reaction score
Here's my latest- Lollipop Red Bourton Brogue from End, 4444 last.

Warning: the next section concerns the shoes being outside in the elements. In the past, this has offended the sensibilities of some readers. Please view with caution.
wink.gif

The commando sole is pretty stiff and slick, and feels very similar to the Dainite when walking. It offered no more traction for snow on concrete but did well for snow on grass. These shoes also have the tongue stitched to the vamp to reduce water ingress, which is nice.

I also got a pair of their Repello suede longwings in green with crepe soles on the 4497 last (sorry, no pictures). While soft and comfortable, the sole is quite thick and the shoes are rather heavy overall.
There is not nearly as large a difference between the 4444 and the 4497 as I had expected based on comments here. The 4444 bourtons seem perhaps just a little looser in the heel and a little stubbier in the toe, but nothing dramatic.
Total time for the order was 10 days (4 days before shipment Mon-Thu, 6 transport including 1 day in customs). I had to print, fill out, scan, and email a customs form and later got a $31 customs bill via paper mail.

I ordered the same longwings in snuff. I was surprised how big the 4497 last runs. They're beautiful but too big for me. I hope your pair works out better. I like the double crepe sole, while it is heavier, it is extremely comfortable.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got these from Yoox a few days ago, thought they were black but actually they are espresso bowoods, on a vibram gumlite sole

Last edited:

mothball

Reaction score

Got these from Yoox a few days ago, thought they were black but actually they are espresso bowoods, on a vibram gumlite sole

I like these. What do you think of the gumlite?

Two packages from The Shoe Healer today: Austerity Stows in Cotto & orange shell Eatons.

Both on the 4497 last with Dainite soles. Great service from Michelle & Richard as always.

seer

Reaction score
Hey guys, some help please. I usually run a pretty consistent US10E - on the 4497 last Stow boots would their UK 9 work for me? I recently tried the 4444 last in G width and it was too wide. Thanks

Last edited:

Calikid

Reaction score
I like these. What do you think of the gumlite?
Two packages from The Shoe Healer today: Austerity Stows in Cotto & orange shell Eatons.

Both on the 4497 last with Dainite soles. Great service from Michelle & Richard as always.
sweet! both MTO's?

buzzlulu

Reaction score
How long on MTO's for an individual customer? I am participating in my first group MTO on this forum and production was quoted as almost 5 months! A bit on the long side if you ask me.

Gregg

mothball

Reaction score

Saw the cotto Stows on my trip as well - such a lovely colour!

sweet!  both MTO's?

Thanks, guys! Yes, they were both MTO's through Richard.

How long on MTO's for an individual customer? I am participating in my first group MTO on this forum and production was quoted as almost 5 months! A bit on the long side if you ask me.
Gregg

My individual MTO's have been in the 8-10 week range depending on how busy the factory is. I think the groups take longer since each store only has a certain number of slots per month they can use for store makeups, so it's harder to fit in a bigger order.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
yea. they're like $170ish actually. suede chukkas on a crepe sole. bunch of sizes/colors.

buzzlulu

Reaction score
My individual MTO's have been in the 8-10 week range depending on how busy the factory is. I think the groups take longer since each store only has a certain number of slots per month they can use for store makeups, so it's harder to fit in a bigger order.

What is the premium on MTO's ?

Gregg

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

What is the premium on MTO's ?

Gregg

http://www.trickers.com/faqs.htm
"This does vary but a pair of Made to Order Shoes will cost from £525.00."

mr chorizo

Reaction score
Fresh from Richard and Michelle at Shoehealer! How amazing are they!

pebble bottoms/lace stays. shell vamp and tongue.
storm welt, commando sole, matched eyelets, and blue lining/pull tab make these my new east village s#@t kickers.

in the wild:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads