• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

smartlew

Reaction score
I planned to wait for daylight, but if you insist - Wingtip Boot in Navy Aniline Calf:

The laces were a last-minute swap, but I think they look great - plain black looks good too and I'd probably swap those in if I was wearing them with something smarter.

They are a size 10 width 5 on 4497 - I found them to be a perfect fit on my left foot, and quite snug on my (wider) right foot. I usually take a 45 (10 or 11 depending on brand), so may have sized down slightly but couldn't really say.

I spent most of the afternoon in a stunning lollipop red brogue boot, but it was just a touch busy for my taste. I added my name to the Eaton group buy in the same colour - that Horween leather is just incredible - and took these to make the wait a little easier!

smartlew

Reaction score
Something about my post being held because I'm new to the forum?

There should be a picture on the way though!

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Austerity Eaton group mto... wasn't there something like that getting sorted out at the beginning of the year? Pics?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
rkusmant tried to get a no medallion MTO eaton but the factory was going to charge some absurd price because they'd have to create a new pattern.

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Odd. You would think it would cut down on the work they'd have to do.

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just nah it'll be extra for mto b/c they have to 'create a new pattern' without the medallion lol

jfoonly

Reaction score
Here's my latest- Lollipop Red Bourton Brogue from End, 4444 last.

Warning: the next section concerns the shoes being outside in the elements. In the past, this has offended the sensibilities of some readers. Please view with caution. ;)

The commando sole is pretty stiff and slick, and feels very similar to the Dainite when walking. It offered no more traction for snow on concrete but did well for snow on grass. These shoes also have the tongue stitched to the vamp to reduce water ingress, which is nice.

I also got a pair of their Repello suede longwings in green with crepe soles on the 4497 last (sorry, no pictures). While soft and comfortable, the sole is quite thick and the shoes are rather heavy overall.

There is not nearly as large a difference between the 4444 and the 4497 as I had expected based on comments here. The 4444 bourtons seem perhaps just a little looser in the heel and a little stubbier in the toe, but nothing dramatic.

Total time for the order was 10 days (4 days before shipment Mon-Thu, 6 transport including 1 day in customs). I had to print, fill out, scan, and email a customs form and later got a $31 customs bill via paper mail.

smartlew

Reaction score
Here are the lollipops I tried last week - the colour is much deeper in 'every day' light:

smartlew

Reaction score
Yes those are from ShoeHealer - made my decision tough!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads