• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Pedlar

Reaction score
62DC4804-2756-4122-950B-949964E89BF3.jpeg

Allans for a walk this morning with Mrs. Pedlar. We are fortunate to live in a rural area where there is just not much social distancing to practice — here are some of the neighbors we encountered this morning:
(offered in hopes of raising a grin and in the full knowledge that Covid-19 could arrive at any point; anyone presently experiencing the pandemic more directly has my complete sympathy— )
9B7C76B0-9CD0-4C56-8514-2E82137B7FD7.jpeg

CD50D307-51BD-4F03-B841-DC0BB6F82433.jpeg

D02BD378-6BE7-4AF3-8D4A-5D38DD652687.jpeg

Along the way
63EB6D34-A47B-45A8-805A-FD707C024307.jpeg

I hope everyone here is well and holding up under the various lockdowns and job changes.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Daniel and Woodstock are Both very similar style plain toe shoes on 4497. There’s also the Bobby plain toe on the W2298 last which is a nominally slimmer last.

Those particular black Daniels are likely a special store make up or outlet make up owing to natural welt/edge trim and commando sole. My guess is outlet.

princealbert

Reaction score
As a newbie on the block....still wrestling with the style and name designations.....Daniel, Tramping....etc....."devil's in the details".

Trickers terminology can be a bit confusing but they seem to use the term tramping shoe for their heavy country style walking shoes that are not brogues. Within that category you then get specific models such as Woodstock, Daniel and Matlock.

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Thanks Guys....

Daniel and Woodstock are Both very similar style plain toe shoes on 4497. ......

Those particular black Daniels are likely a special store make up or outlet make ........
That was my thinking...

Trickers terminology can be a bit confusing but they seem to use the term tramping shoe for their heavy country style walking shoes ..........

....they look like a fun shoe.....and the the commando sole, while a departure from my current Dainite editions just might be my preferences as the description says for tramping about. : )

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Guys....

That was my thinking...

....they look like a fun shoe.....and the the commando sole, while a departure from my current Dainite editions just might be my preferences as the description says for tramping about. : )

They look good. I’m not really into black personally but I like the natural welt to contrast a bit.

They look like they’ve barely been worn. Some just crease more than others but it doesn’t look excessive by any means.

I like a commando sole and find them more comfortable than Dainite after a little break in time. Stiff initially.

Only criticism is they pick up stones and loads of dirt. Otherwise great and long wearing.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very odd, usually Easter is key sales time anyway. I’ve been very good and resisted in anticipation..

tantric shopping! ?

Yes I thought Trickers would be gagging to have a big sale. Obviously not.

Was waiting for them to slash the price on those Bobby’s!?

@rob80bboots has got me tempted by an espresso Burford too. Must resist, don’t need any boots!

leparrain7

Reaction score
hi everyone,
the weather is nice right now in the south of france we take advantage of still wearing our boots before the heat.
I have a question for you Trickers experts, a person on a French-speaking forum made me a reflection on the folds of my Axton that I bought more than five months ago, I was told that they were "dirty folds"
do you think these folds are abnormal? knowing that I don't wear them much, that I maintain them regularly and that I always put shoe trees.
or do you think that he was a jealous person ? and you shouldn't take his thoughts into account?
915557D3-65C7-4AE2-A71A-4421C2882EC4.jpeg

117EC6AC-47BE-4AF3-AA0D-A4A4B1802310.jpeg

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
hi everyone,
the weather is nice right now in the south of france we take advantage of still wearing our boots before the heat.
I have a question for you Trickers experts, a person on a French-speaking forum made me a reflection on the folds of my Axton that I bought more than five months ago, I was told that they were "dirty folds"
do you think these folds are abnormal? knowing that I don't wear them much, that I maintain them regularly and that I always put shoe trees.
or do you think that he was a jealous person ? and you shouldn't take his thoughts into account?
View attachment 1370788

View attachment 1370790
@MSAINT is the man to answer this on so many levels..

they look fine to me. Those were made in two types of naster calf and naster mc calf. Look to me like Mc which is nice and thick and soft. Panic not about those who know little and enjoy sir.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads