• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah signed Dainite soles. Not sure I've seen a brown/black Itshide sole from Tricker's . I know the colored soles they use are from Itshide.

princealbert

Reaction score
Yep and as discussed on here before the quality of the Itshide ones is not great.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep and as discussed on here before the quality of the Itshide ones is not great.

Mine seem to be wearing faster than my Dainite. Hard to be sure as I don’t keep track of which has had most wear.

There are a few bits chipping off in the edges of the rubber which doesn’t seem to happen with Dainite.

They seem to be wearing reasonably well though.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The only itshide ones I have are some brightly colored soles so they don't get a whole lot of wear and are holding up fine.

princealbert

Reaction score
I’ve got a couple of the Itside ones in colours and the rubber studs seem to snap off or or become torn rather than wearing evenly as they do on the Dainites. They’re not terrible but the quality seems to be noticeably inferior.

Travis H

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for your posts. Sorry about the failed Google Drive link tho.
Tricker's has also confirmed that they made these boots back in 2013, but they didn't know how the boots left their factory with those defects. (I didn't expect Tricker's to reply me since I did't buy them on the official site.) Anyway, it's a relief. Maybe the QC standard is different to some retailer...
WeChat 圖片_20200410091443.jpg
WeChat 圖片_20200410091542.jpg
WeChat 圖片_20200410091517.jpg
WeChat 圖片_20200410091511.jpg
WeChat 圖片_20200410091606.jpg

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for your posts. Sorry about the failed Google Drive link tho.
Tricker's has also confirmed that they made these boots back in 2013, but they didn't know how the boots left their factory with those defects. (I didn't expect Tricker's to reply me since I did't buy them on the official site.) Anyway, it's a relief. Maybe the QC standard is different to some retailer... View attachment 1368684 View attachment 1368685 View attachment 1368686 View attachment 1368687 View attachment 1368688

They look good! Wouldn’t worry about those minor defects.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve got a couple of the Itside ones in colours and the rubber studs seem to snap off or or become torn rather than wearing evenly as they do on the Dainites. They’re not terrible but the quality seems to be noticeably inferior.

That’s about the same as what is happening to mine. When they wear out, which will be quite a while, I plan on trying a ridgeway or maybe even double leather.

rob80bboots

Reaction score
....and speaking of my Cap Toe's shoes I'm finding they're taking a little longer to comfortably accommodate my feet even though the last and sizing is the same as the Stows.
They're super comfortable just standing around but walking for and extended period puts a lot more pressure on the top of my larger right foot, leaving the lace very loose doesn't alleviate the pressure so hopefully it's just a matter of a bit more stretching.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
....and speaking of my Cap Toe's shoes I'm finding they're taking a little longer to comfortably accommodate my feet even though the last and sizing is the same as the Stows.
They're super comfortable just standing around but walking for and extended period puts a lot more pressure on the top of my larger right foot, leaving the lace very loose doesn't alleviate the pressure so hopefully it's just a matter of a bit more stretching.

I’m sure it will sort itself out pretty quickly. Enjoy

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for a brown pair of Derby shoe with a Commando sole for sometime and recently purchased Grenson’s Victor in my regular size (UK 9.5).
Here’s the shoe if you’re not familiar with them:
https://www.grenson.com/uk/victor-mens-derby-brown-russia-grain-leather-commando-sole.html
A great looking shoe although the pair I received did have some minor production flaws which was disappointing considering they're positioned at the top end of Grenson’s shoe line. However I found that the shoes suffered from heel slip which appears to be more of a design issue that a sizing issue. I returned the shoes and later tried a pair in size 9 in-store but they were to small. Decided the shoes were not going to work for me.

I’m looking for something similar; that is: a Brown Derby Country Shoe with Commando Sole, calf or grain leather, preferably with a Veldtschoen welt but will settle for Good Year if the shoe is right.

Interested to hear recommendations? Shoes can be discontinued and not necessarily Trickers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics