• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

benchan

Reaction score
Not really a Barbour jacket for the some purist, but just want to share

Jacket: Barbour International Nylon
Background: Kaiping Watchtower Houses

Last edited:

bnigut

Reaction score
Hello. A few questions about Barbour fit:

I received a Beaufort as a present and it fits far too baggy for my taste. I'm going to try to take it back to Orvis and order a different style. Do you all have any advice on a classic-looking Barbour jacket that has a trimmer, more modern fit?

On the Barbour site, clicking "sizing options" brings up this page, which indicates there is a slim fit, but then I can't find any way to tell which jackets actually fit well: http://www.barbour.com/mens-size-guides

If any of you have broad shoulders, long arms (even sizing up in a tall the sleeves are always short but if I have to live with that I will), and are relatively thin and have found a Barbour that fits well (slim) please let me know! I called Sid Mashburn and they recommended the Ashby- any experience with this jacket? Also, has anyone had a Barbour successfully tailored? Thanks so much.

Bugsy

Reaction score
Anyone have a experienced tailor who works with Barbour jackets in New York City. Or someone who takes mail in alterations? I need sleeves shortened and back let out. New Hampshire quoting 6 to 8 weeks, so seeking alternatives. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone

PartagasIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Orvis in Boston has 30% off what they have in stock. PM me if you want me to check a size and/or proxy.

amf716

Reaction score
Hey guys,

First post but just a quick question:

Wondering if anyone had a suggestion for any "affordable" alternatives to the Skyfall Barbour jacket? Barbour or other brand (yes I am aware this is the Barbour thread). I would like that jacket but because of its scarcity and price it's hard for a collage student to stomach at the moment. I want something that has a similar fit and look to the way Craig wears it in the movie. All suggestions would be appreciated.

Gomers

Reaction score
Hi,

First post on SF. I live in the UK and just wondered if anyone had ever ordered from here http://www.barbourjacketstyles.com/. The prices seem too good to be true, there are numerous spelling mistakes on the site and no telephone no. is shown, the only method of contact is via email.

Any experiences here, good or bad would be most appreciated.

Thanks

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Hi,

First post on SF.  I live in the UK and just wondered if anyone had ever ordered from here http://www.barbourjacketstyles.com/.  The prices seem too good to be true, there are numerous spelling mistakes on the site and no telephone no. is shown, the only method of contact is via email.

Any experiences here, good or bad would be most appreciated.

Thanks

All the best Barbour retailers are based in China.
http://www.statscrop.com/www/barbourjacketstyles.com

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

otacon

Reaction score
Quick question about the Sports Jacket that might've been already asked (haven't found it yet though).

The lining isn't sewn in around the arm pits--the arms are connected to the body. There might also be a little excess. I figured this was in case you wanted them to adjust the sleeves, and possibly something they'd sew down if you had them do so, with the excess being just in case you needed them lengthened. It's kind of awkward now though. The sleeves are pretty tight (and I don't have big arms) so if the shirt I'm wearing has any slack (i.e. most sweaters) the sleeves will ride up. What's more, I often end up pushing the lining out of the bottom of the sleeve.

Anyone else have this experience?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads