1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Offical Barbour Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES, Jan 29, 2011.

1. samadhi27

samadhi27 Senior member

The sleeve/body lengths on their waxed coats seem to be a recurring problem. The liner will be fairly substantial, you made the right call with the 42.

2. carltonbanks

carltonbanks Member

I just picked up a Bedale in size 38 yesterday. After trying it on, I felt like I could've probably fit in any size between 34 and 38 depending on how I wanted it to fit. I picked up the 38 so I could wear both a sweater and the liner in it if needed be. Also, while it is certainly a generous fit and is very roomy, it's not quite oversized enough to make me look as if I'm a child wearing my dad's old jacket. I'm normally a 36s (5'9, 150 lbs).

A few questions though, how long does it usually take for the jacket to soften up? Since the sleeves are rather wide near the arm holes, they bunch up when I place my hands in my pockets, and it looks awkward since the fabric is currently just so stiff (not to mention extremely greasy feeling). Oh well, I suppose I'll just have to put in the time.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  3. Marcus Eldh

Marcus Eldh New Member

4. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

From the Alden thread, J Crew code INSTYLE25 seems to be working for 25% off Barbours too.

5. jandhi

jandhi New Member

Can anyone help me identify which model Barbour jacket this is?[​IMG]

6. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

7. jkic2003

jkic2003 Member

Hi

Anyone know what model this jacket is? The picture's a bit crappy, so hard to tell, but thought a more skilled person might know. Tried to search Google and Google images, but nothing.

[​IMG]

8. poena

poena Senior member

anyone looking for an olive liddesdale? I've got a brand new with tags size small available. it's a bit bigger than I'd like to wear.

9. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior member

I've not seen a single pic that actually does the jackets proper justice, mate.

They're bloody stunning in the flesh, in a very classicly English, understated way, and I'm hoping to be wearing a navy Barra jacket in the very near future...superb quality garments, the ones that I've seen.

10. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

That Barra is gorgeous! I'm loving the navy. I have three waxed barbour jackets and could easily justify adding the Barra.

11. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Sat down on the Subway leaving work today in my Liddesdale. A older gentleman sat next and happened to also be wearing a Liddesdale. His had been though a lot more than mine. Looked a lot "greener" than my relatively new olive shade. I see this jacket all the time, in all shades (olive, black, navy). Great jacket to have in multiple colors and for work and casual.

12. Marcus Eldh

Marcus Eldh New Member

Yea, they look stunning. Seems to be hard to locate one through. Cant find a physical store that stock them here in Sweden and the only online store I have found so far is EndClothing.

13. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

Do the Barbour owned stores carry the Norton & Sons?

14. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior member

The navy is stunning. A local shop had a few models in stock, but in limited quantities. Someone was actually buying the navy Barra in the size I need as I walked in...they've managed to reorder one for me but it's taking forever and a day to arrive.

For sizing reference, I'm a 46 chest with broad shoulders and slim-ish waist but have gone for the large as opposed to the extra-large. I don't bother much with layering though, even in winter. The medium is a pretty good fit on me, too, although not enough wiggle room in it for my liking and I'd be fooked if I put just a little more muscle on. Definitely looked smart though.

15. atlasfields

atlasfields New Member

Hey Patrick! Yes. The store in Center City Philly has them. When I ordered my Uist last week, the new Chicago store had my size (XL) and shipped for free.

16. golfnutter66

golfnutter66 Well-Known Member

I just picked up on Ebay for $200 a Barbour International, model A577. Just wondering how old you think it is? See pics for details. Thanks!

[ATTACHMENT=7553]Barbour jacket.jpg (247k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

[ATTACHMENT=7554]Barbou Jacket tag.jpg (473k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

[ATTACHMENT=7555]Barbour Jacket pocket tag.jpg (269k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT][ATTACHMENT=7556]Barbou Jacket label.jpg (304k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

17. ZOG

ZOG Member

Hi all, I'm trying to find out if anyone has purchased the Ashby jacket? I purchased one a few months ago. I really love it, however, the only problem I have with it is the lining in the sleeves and shoulders. It seems to be nylon, making it really difficult for air to breathe, thus making the sleeves almost 'sweaty' with condensation when worn.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks in advance if anyone can reply to this... cheers.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  18. Gent

Gent Well-Known Member

The Saxony: warm enough for winter?

I'm thinking of either a Saxony or a Duke but haven't found any place to actually try them on. The idea would be to wear the jacket with casual stuff, including and up to sports coats, and during the winter. I live up north so it gets proper cold (well below freezing, think -20 C) and these claim to be heavyweights. Has anyone tried them in the winter? I would be wearing reasonable layers, but don't need a jacket that requires excessive stuff underneath.

I'm strongly leaning towards the Saxony as it's longer (looks like it could just accomodate a sports coat, unlike the Duke) and the only reason the Duke is still in the race is the available colours. The Saxony only comes in black while the Duke comes in just about all possible colours.

Edit: throw the Corbridge into the fray as well. All insight is highly appreciated.

19. Somatic

Somatic Senior member

Is anyone else interested in the Department B Commander jacket? Can't seem to find too many places offering it, but I'd appreciate any help locating sales/low prices on this. Would be my first Barbour jacket! JCrew doesn't seem to let us use discount codes for it and Endclothing is out of the L sizes.

20. poena

poena Senior member

how would you say the fit is here?
    just a thin long sleeve underneath. it does feel a bit wide and big at the bottom. [​IMG]