• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OAMC - Over All Master Cloth - Discussion Thread

John-Galt

Reaction score
How do the boots, especially the combat boots fit? It'd be helpful if you could explain with respect to CP size.

You picked up the belt? I was looking at it but couldn't justify a $200 plastic sternum strap, even though it's Jil.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They fit more normal than CPs. I’m a 12 on the brannock, take a 44 in CP’s and a 45 in both the Jil.
A 44.5 would probably be ideal but there are no half sizes.
Construction and everything is infinitely better than CP though.
And yeah the belt is pretty weak for the price but I have no belts and I needed one, and I liked it. I was going to look on amazon for a replacement buckle that’s more solid.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Alright I just got done watching that ShowStudio panel.
It seems pretty obvious that none of the panelists know anything about OAMC or Luke, or even really menswear for that matter.
I don’t really fault them for not knowing, but they should have just said that, instead they hear the word supreme and then went off on a huge tangent that has nothing to do with Jil, Luke, OAMC or anything else.
Luke hasn’t even been involved in Supreme in years, it makes no sense.
And if you base what’s dope off how many pieces are on the shelves in selfridges then....

Side not there are some SS18 pieces up on stylebop already:
https://www.stylebop.com/en-de/men/designers/oamc.html

What did everybody buy this season and what did you think of it?
I only picked up a couple of pieces but there are a few more I kind of want.

John-Galt

Reaction score
I haven't bought OAMC since the Peacemaker stuff. May jump on the Tactical boots and some of the Selvedge Stripe stuff.

Quick question. What exactly does Master Cloth mean and what was the brand's relationship with Carhartt? I've seen Master Cloth it on some Carhartt tags. I know the first few seasons of OAMC had the Carhartt co-branded labels

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Luke's business partner used to work at Carhartt WIP, I forget exactly how it started but Luke Meier was doing contract work on the WIP line for Carhartt and then bridged that into a separate line - OAMC as Over All Master Cloth - with some input from Chris Gibbs (Union LA).
I think it only last one season as a Carhartt off-shoot before Luke and Faeh took it to the current OAMC line.
So 'Master Cloth' is just a remnant of the first iteration.

I remember there was a blog post or something from Gibbs when it first started about it. I'll see if I can find it.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Found it, that was easy: http://unionlosangeles.com/2014/02/13/oamc-overall-master-cloth/

"As I am sure you all know by now OAMC is a line that my best friend Luke Meier has started. He invited me to help and I have been brought on as the “fashion director” NOT the creative director (a title that leaked out mistakenly). In essence this is the first real season (we had a small capsule last season) and we are extremely proud of our SS14 offering. What started as a Carhartt project (which it no longer is) has turned into something completely different and completely new. We use the workwear language, but more from the perspective of the design rationale (meaning the things were made a certain way because they worked best that way). All the while trying to make something from a fresh perspective. Our thought is that most “high fashion” comes from a rather “soft” perspective. We on the other hand want to do high fashion, but keep it tough. Nameen…
Well with no further adieu…I am proud to present the first drop of the SS14 season. Stay tuned for more as the season goes on….
Peace
Chris"

There's also this one in GQ from around the same time: https://www.gq.com/story/chris-gibbs-over-all-master-cloth-oamc-union

John-Galt

Reaction score
Thanks man! I knew his business partner had some involvement with Carhartt (his uncle?) but never quite got the Carhartt co-branding. It's crazy how much the brand has evolved and matured. I hope we see more plays on the acronym like we did last season with "On a midnight clouded".

**** those laminated/taped shirts are so good. I wish they'd do a bit more tech. Does anyone here have experience with the herringbone chinos with tape at the yoke from a few seasons back?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those are the 'Abrasion' chino. They still show up on Ebay now and then but there were a bunch on Yoox for like a year straight, I got a pair but returned them. The cut was good but in my size there was only a pretty bland beige colour.

ski

Reaction score
Thanks man! I knew his business partner had some involvement with Carhartt (his uncle?) but never quite got the Carhartt co-branding. It's crazy how much the brand has evolved and matured. I hope we see more plays on the acronym like we did last season with "On a midnight clouded".

**** those laminated/taped shirts are so good. I wish they'd do a bit more tech. Does anyone here have experience with the herringbone chinos with tape at the yoke from a few seasons back?

Work in Progress is the parent company for OAMC, which is owned by Arnaud's uncle Edwin. Edwin licensed Carhartt in europe and started the WIP line. Luke is doing the creative direction and Arnaud does the business side of things.

MeatFish

Reaction score
I really like the grey/purple moth mohair on Porter. If price drops on it I'll prob go for the M or L.
It's listed as oversized, so I'm assuming tts is safe?

TheCowboy

Reaction score
I have a white "cord shirt" in the mail that I'm excited about. Has just enough novelty to do me good when it comes to a white casual button down.

4W9xuVA.jpg

e0d9n0b5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
interesting how what the acronym oamc means changes every season

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads