• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OAMC - Over All Master Cloth - Discussion Thread

Yan 90

Reaction score
Hi. Can somebody help with sizing for tactical sneakers? Are they tts? Just wondering bcuz my compression blunchers fits perfect in us 8, but im sizing up for 9 for tactical derby (they are really snug). My foot measurement is 26, 3 cm. Thanks in advance

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hi. Can somebody help with sizing for tactical sneakers? Are they tts? Just wondering bcuz my compression blunchers fits perfect in us 8, but im sizing up for 9 for tactical derby (they are really snug). My foot measurement is 26, 3 cm. Thanks in advance

They are true to size. Wide in the toebox but definitely true to size.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
upload_2018-1-17_14-7-6.png

I really like the AW18 stuff.
Big pants ftw.

I feel like the last 3-4 seasons have really made it clear what the OAMC aesthetic is. They're just honing it further now and I really like it.

upload_2018-1-17_14-9-1.png

upload_2018-1-17_14-9-12.png

upload_2018-1-17_14-9-28.png

upload_2018-1-17_14-9-38.png

upload_2018-1-17_14-9-51.png

upload_2018-1-17_14-10-4.png

upload_2018-1-17_14-10-14.png

^^ My favorite ^^
upload_2018-1-17_14-10-40.png

upload_2018-1-17_14-10-50.png

upload_2018-1-17_14-11-1.png

upload_2018-1-17_14-11-12.png

upload_2018-1-17_14-11-33.png

^^ Second favorite ^^

bmashh

Reaction score
View attachment 909962

I really like the AW18 stuff.
Big pants ftw.

I feel like the last 3-4 seasons have really made it clear what the OAMC aesthetic is. They're just honing it further now and I really like it.

Loved it. Lots and lots of wool/texture, and it was interesting to see some more flowy trousers, as most of their previous stuff is much more structured. It was nice to see both here.

Also the skin tight turtle necks under some of the blazers looked amazing. Time to get in shape, and it's perfect timing, my diet starts tomorrow, or something..

Maxwellll

Reaction score
Strong collection, love the structure in everything but then OAMC is always good at that.

bmashh

Reaction score

Looks incredible. Love the proportions and the clean colour palette.

Also, preferring the footwear here, over the OAMC stuff.

My gut feeling after watching the OAMC show was positive, but some items look Off-White(ish), but that may be because, off-white looks like everything and nothing at the same time.

Pleased with both, but prefer Jil this time around.

John-Galt

Reaction score
Looks incredible. Love the proportions and the clean colour palette.
My gut feeling after watching the OAMC show was positive, but some items look Off-White(ish), but that may be because, off-white looks like everything and nothing at the same time.

Cool I'm not the only one who got that vibe. It's probably the industrial brutalist approach and the printed text.

Also am I the only one who misses the earlier seasons of OAMC? I've consistently bought OAMC but my favourite pieces are from earlier like the glen plaid shorts, laminated shirts and zipper shoulder sweatshirt.

EDIT: I like the Jil stuff. Wouldn't wear any of the looks but will pick up individual pieces. Does the first few looks feel like Marni?

bmashh

Reaction score
Cool I'm not the only one who got that vibe. It's probably the industrial brutalist approach and the printed text.

Also am I the only one who misses the earlier seasons of OAMC? I've consistently bought OAMC but my favourite pieces are from earlier like the glen plaid shorts, laminated shirts and zipper shoulder sweatshirt.

EDIT: I like the Jil stuff. Wouldn't wear any of the looks but will pick up individual pieces. Does the first few looks feel like Marni?

Yeah that’s what irked me too.

As for old OAMC, I agree, it had this sweet spot of street, tech and fashion, which I find no one else was doing, and they were doing it extremely well.

They’re unfortunately abandoning it a little and that’s not to say I don’t like the new stuff, I just like it a little less.

To your edit, can see maybe old Marni.
Side note: Can’t stand new Marni under Risso

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I definitely prefer the more recent season of OAMC.
I enjoyed the early stuff obviously but no where near as much as the last 2 years.
I definitely see the point that you’re making about how they’ve adjusted the aesthetic a little bit and maybe it’s just because it’s closer to my personal tastes, but yeah, AW16 is when they really started nailing it for me.

John-Galt

Reaction score
Yeah that’s what irked me too.

As for old OAMC, I agree, it had this sweet spot of street, tech and fashion, which I find no one else was doing, and they were doing it extremely well.

They’re unfortunately abandoning it a little and that’s not to say I don’t like the new stuff, I just like it a little less.

To your edit, can see maybe old Marni.
Side note: Can’t stand new Marni under Risso

Exactly. Luke really understood tech, the reverse 3L shirts and tape details were brilliant. I'm not asking for full tech presentations but a nod here and there would be good.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There are still tech aspects in pretty much everything they do (taped seams, different tension techniques in necklines and hemlins, internal suspension systems on pants and jackets, lots of modular and removable details, custom fastening systems like the magnetic snaps/locks and quick release things and this season has the self-fabric closures).
Not to mention the custom fabrics that are 100 times nicer in person than they send like the cropped troop pants; 100% poly pants don't sound great but they're unlike any other poly ive felt before.
The stuff just isn't as in your face before but it's still there.

AMA22

Reaction score

For me the OAMC FW15 collection will always be my favorite, with FW16 be a close second. The technical details on FW15 were amazing. I am a huge Arcteryx Veilance fan, so I really wanted a technically functional fashion forward brand and thought OAMC would perfectly fill that void. From the alpine oxfords, the Survey boots and jacket, etc... The graphic tees were also so on point. But I loved FW17 and this upcoming FW18 season. The SS seasons have always been weaker for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads