• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oak Street Bootmakers

freedevil

Reaction score
[ATTACHMENT=9175]image.jpg (735k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Mine just started separating too. Sent email to info.
The threads under the sole on the front of the sole have come undone.
I've had these for 3 years though.

rusticchasm

Reaction score
sizing question:

i measure a 6 on a brannock device. i'd like to get a pair of boat shoes to wear (no-occasional socks). the smallest size OSB makes is a 6. should i move on and find a company that will make a 5.5 to account for stretch? or should i go for the 6 without fear of stretching to un-wearable?

jmaudi0

Reaction score
sizing question:

i measure a 6 on a brannock device. i'd like to get a pair of boat shoes to wear (no-occasional socks). the smallest size OSB makes is a 6. should i move on and find a company that will make a 5.5 to account for stretch? or should i go for the 6 without fear of stretching to un-wearable?
You will definitely have extra room in the front if you measure a 6 on the brannock and order a 6. I measure a 9 spot on and i actually got an 8 in the boat shoe (to wear without socks). fit is perfect for me but i have a narrow foot. i have a little room in the front but not much.

OSB on the Yahoo homepage today - http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/driv...omes-shoe-cobbler-to-the-stars-161954355.html

westie187

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. Interesting.

Neognosis

Reaction score
Is there any chance of seeing any trenchboots made with something other than Chromexcel or shell anytime in the near future?

#playedout

Last edited:

wonsmithr8

Reaction score

Is there any chance of seeing any trenchboots made with something other than Chromexcel or shell anytime in the near future?

#playedout

They have waxed and I saw pebble grain trail oxfords which I'm guessing could be made into trench boots

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My custom trenches out in who knows where.

jmaudi0

Reaction score
have you put much wear on them @Crane's ? how about giving us a review of how they compare to the Wolverines you are very familiar with.

Neognosis

Reaction score
Crane sells wolverines and has been very sycophantic toward Oak Street through this thread. You put him in a difficult position.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

have you put much wear on them @Crane's
?  how about giving us a review of how they compare to the Wolverines you are very familiar with.

I've worn them a fair amount. I rotate them with the 1K desert boots so 50% of the time they're worn. Now I'll admit I haven't been as crazy with these versus the 1Ks. Yet. Very comfortable boots. Probably moreso than the 1Ks though I have no complaints with them either. The sole is the big difference so far. but that's not a fair comparison. OSB makes a very good boot for sure. I'll be writing about these after the storm season slows down a bit.

wonsmithr8

Reaction score
Just wanted to give a heads up regarding custom orders; I just got off the phone with Tony and it looks like they're cutting down on one off custom orders unless it's in production already which is a shame.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads