1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Oak Street Bootmakers

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JRyder, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Ansel

Ansel Well-Known Member

Hi Syennie,

deeply appreciate your sharing of info. That would be very helpful in my decision making process. Tks a lot.

Btw, is your brannock size a 10D or 10E ?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  2. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

@wonsmithr8 , Am I right that you have a pair of Trench Chukkas..? If so, how do you like them? Do they feel/fit any different from your 6" Trench boots? Any pics with wear? THANKS!

3. wonsmithr8

wonsmithr8 Senior member

Hey man,
    Hey man,

Nah I haven't had those for a while. Sorry!

4. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

Thanks anyway..

5. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

Maybe a dumb question, but is there any type of SF deal/sale for OSB? Or are there any sales in the foreseeable future that you guys know of? I missed out on the 20% sale around Black Friday, unfortunately.

6. wonsmithr8

wonsmithr8 Senior member

There are no SF deals for OSB. You'll have to wait around whenever OSB has its sale again. Bonobos also sells some OSB stuff that you can use their 20% off on.

7. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

Thanks for the reply. Any idea if they go on sale at Nordstrom (semi annual, etc)?

8. letsgofire

letsgofire Senior member

I don't think so. Nordstrom has only carried OSB for maybe 2 years now, so maybe this will change over time?

They are a small company and therefore discounting really isn't their model. The OSB website and the retail store Independence have 10% and 20% off sales from time to time. There are some deeper discounts when OSB is doing a collaboration with some other outlet, who then might be clearing their inventory in Summer or Winter. Generally speaking though I would plan on paying full retail or getting a pair for 10% off.

9. eljlakers

eljlakers Senior member

My custom waxed flesh trail oxfords.
    [​IMG]

10. lessblue

lessblue New Member

Struggling with sizing for the Trench Boot. OSB say TTS but I'm reading folks say better to size down half a size.

I am a size 12 but my feet are on the narrower side with a low instep (flatter feet). I'm probably between a 12C and 12D.

Before I buy and return via Nordstrom, I thought I'd ask if anyone has advice.

Go with 12 or 11.5?

11. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

I find them to be TTS, though some guys feel that they are a bit wide. So it's tricky in your case, with a slightly narrow foot... Kind of a crap shoot I guess, but the 11.5 may work, especially with a low instep (OSBs a bit low volume in the vamp and toe). Good luck!

12. emidyl

emidyl Senior member

I wear them TTS in 9, my son is an 8.5 and he finds mine a touch roomy.
    as ref I wear 8UK for Carmina, rain and oscar last and 8.5 Alden barrie last and pretty much 9.5 in most sneakers

13. lessblue

lessblue New Member

Thank you kindly for the advice, I may try 11.5. My general understanding is that the toes should have some room up front but the width can be played with (or will stretch a bit) when it comes to boots/shoes. In others don't bet on shoes stretching in length, but maybe width.

In addition to a good fit, I find that shoes that don't fit well also don't 'crease' well and look worse for wear.

14. letsgofire

letsgofire Senior member

On the boots, I did TTS - I am a 10. On the moc, I actually went with a 9. It was snug at first but not it fits perfectly.

15. lessblue

lessblue New Member

One last question, how does the heel fit? My feet are closer in shape to Egyptian feet (general foot shapes)

It could be that I need more tapered shoes/boots which would rule out these trench boots.

16. letsgofire

letsgofire Senior member

I'm definitely not an expert here. I don't think the heel is unusually narrow or wide relative to other shoes I own. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

17. eljlakers

eljlakers Senior member

MTO waxed flesh trail oxford update...[​IMG]

18. wonsmithr8

wonsmithr8 Senior member

Some wear on my brown WF @ 13 months:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  19. Medoc

Medoc Senior member

Anyone have any experience with the natural trench oxford w/ dainite sole? They would be a fantastic shoe for my work but I have one concern. The front appears to be significantly curved upward as many shoes are. This is something I don't mind if it's subtle but some of these shoes start to look like ski jumps. I definitely don't enjoy that. Looks to be present on many of the OSB models. Any experienced wearers have any opinions to help me pull the trigger? I'm thinking it appears a bit more exaggerated in the photos and I'm psyching myself out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

1 person likes this.