• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

How often do you use them? Agreed on the value part since I paid retail for this pair. I have another pair that I got on sale, thinking about using them to wear casually instead of working out in them now.

The flywire snapping is a huge concern on multiple models too, since that's where the lace loops through. Agreed that they're still comfy, but I do definite notice a difference when running at fast paces. The shoes just feel mushy and unresponsive.

I wear them pretty regularly. 3-5 days a week in summer (not all day), at least once a week in the autumn. Nothing in the winter, because, well, that would be stupid. I stopped exercising in them because of precisely what you said above, but they have been perfect for a lot of daily wear and travel. I think they're fun, and I like the way they look (liked them so much it convinced me to buy a pair of frees, actually, but considering every single one of my other pairs of shoes is older, has seen more wear, and is keeping together better, I am really not sure I feel great about buying more. Actually, nike stuff has a history of blowing out on me - which I guess isn't surprising - with the exception of soccer shorts and sweats (actually, the zipper on my favorite pair just broke last year, but they're ~8 years old). It's too bad, because I actually can't think of a lot of alternatives that I'd really wear (NB, Adidas, etc).

Shouldn't Nike cover the shoes if the flywire breaks? If not, that's a shame. I haven't worn my lunars enough to run into that but to me that seems to be a structural defect rather than a normal wear and tear problem.

I think if it's within 2 years of the production date, they will replace the shoes or they'll send something of equal value if they determine that it's due to manufacturer defect from normal wear and tear.

It's even a decade or so since I've used this service. Back then they issued a gift card for the msrp of the item if the product was deemed defective.

I'm going to give this a shot, since another one snapped yesterday. That makes three, in about two weeks. Is there a place on the Nike website that links you through?

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wear them pretty regularly. 3-5 days a week in summer (not all day), at least once a week in the autumn. Nothing in the winter, because, well, that would be stupid. I stopped exercising in them because of precisely what you said above, but they have been perfect for a lot of daily wear and travel. I think they're fun, and I like the way they look (liked them so much it convinced me to buy a pair of frees, actually, but considering every single one of my other pairs of shoes is older, has seen more wear, and is keeping together better, I am really not sure I feel great about buying more. Actually, nike stuff has a history of blowing out on me - which I guess isn't surprising - with the exception of soccer shorts and sweats (actually, the zipper on my favorite pair just broke last year, but they're ~8 years old). It's too bad, because I actually can't think of a lot of alternatives that I'd really wear (NB, Adidas, etc).

I'm going to give this a shot, since another one snapped yesterday. That makes three, in about two weeks. Is there a place on the Nike website that links you through?

Hey Syn,

Nike has changed their site layout so many times, I don't know exactly where the link is anymore. I would use the chat feature. I think it's under contact us. I'm typing from my cell so I can't check to reassure the location exactly but I'm sure they will be able to help you out. I've used the chat feature to send in picture of QA issues before, ie bad stitching, horrible paint that you'd see brush strokes, for discount codes on future purchases. They're also good with responding to emails though that takes a couple of days.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw Kobe Bryant at the grocery store last night, decked out in Nike KB gear :)

Also checked out the sneaker boots in person. The black Air Max actually looked pretty good...I didn't think I'd like them.

Last edited:

wizzeak

Reaction score
Nike FBTs LOL

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got the Dri-Fit running pants from Nordstrom, fit is pretty nice and kind of prefer it over fleece for running, longer than I hoped but not much I can do about that. Has a nice taper, zipped leg opening and 3 pockets (2 on the side and one by the thigh).
r7kt4z.jpg
2v19sgw.jpg

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
my sweat pants look way sicker yo

Last edited:

rockket

Reaction score

Got the Dri-Fit running pants from Nordstrom, fit is pretty nice and kind of prefer it over fleece for running, longer than I hoped but not much I can do about that. Has a nice taper, zipped leg opening and 3 pockets (2 on the side and one by the thigh).
r7kt4z.jpg
2v19sgw.jpg

how tall are you/what size did you get? think i'm going to check these out this weekend.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know many designs (though I browse this thread). I just started, and this is how I would like them.

Edit: I just checked, and they do look like the ones I bought (and returned) a few months ago. :) The good thing about both designs is the midsole that makes the whole sole look less high.

Last edited:

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My new wool half zips got stolen from my duffle bag during travel. Tried replacing them with the knit half-zip but ended up getting just the standard Element Dri-Fit for half the price.

I think I actually prefer these. The knit version is a little too fitted and pricey.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads