• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nigel Cabourn

nixda

Reaction score
I got the 50 in both and fit is perfect in my opinion. I'll post some pics in the next day or two if that's cool.

Atomkun

Reaction score
Newly acquired NC x Brady handy fishing bag from Rakuten.

The condition of the bag is too good to be true for that price

Last edited:

nixda

Reaction score
Sorry for the crap iphone photo. I'm not wearing the vest under it, just a shirt.

Last edited:

Doberman

Reaction score
Thx man nice fit ! Ok that jacket is not the same as I got, very different. The size fits you though. Mine is too big im returning it.
Thank you

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thx man nice fit ! Ok that jacket is not the same as I got, very different. The size fits you though. Mine is too big im returning it.
Thank you

As you noted, the one that you have is a completely different jacket. It's defnitely not as tailored as the jacket that Nixda has. In fact you could go up a size in Nixda's jacket and stil be an inch more tailored in the chest than the one you have.

I actually like the jacket you have. I like them both and prefer Nixda's, but I still like the one you have. I'm tempted to get one myself, but I've bought enough Cabourn, again, this Summer.

WDD_Blog

Reaction score
The tweed Mallory is made by a company called Panache in London, as far as I know. The Cameraman has been made by Mackintosh in Scotland, at least as long as they were made using Mackintosh fabric. Not sure if the change to Ventile has changed anything.

Mos of the Cabourn stuff is produced in a single factory in the Midlands, staffed by young Eastern European workers.

Arizor

Reaction score
Has anyone found that the sizing of Cabourn henleys (produced in collaboration with the excellent Merz B Schwanen) is, for lack of a better term, ******* mental?!

I own a few, the rugby shirt in a size 52 which is tight, and two henleys in 50 which are loose. How the hell are the 50s bigger than the 52s from the same factory?!

Arizor

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, they're fantastic in terms of construction and fabric, which is why I own so many. But it's just bizarre how a bigger size can fit smaller, and the smaller size can fit bigger!

smartlew

Reaction score
Maybe they're constructed with reference to garments from different periods? So sizing would be accurate in relation to the original, but not consistent across styles?
I'm pretty new to Cabourn stuff, but it doesn't seem like sizing inconsistencies are out of the ordinary... Frustrating for the customer though!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads