1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Nigel Cabourn

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Nov 14, 2010.

1. migsy999

migsy999 Senior member

Just got back from Tokyo and visit to the Shibuya/Aobadai shop is a must. There's 2 large shops within 50 yards of each other. One is the new flagship and the other is the old flagship with some amazing price drops in it.
    I only saw Cabourn in Beams plus in Shibuya and it's a small range. Just go to the Cabourn shop. It's a lovely area and you can have dinner around there in a small cafe. There's other great little shops around there too.

I'm a bit jealous you'll b there for the AW collection as I wasn't a great fan of this years SS. I still bought some great bits though and the old shop with the discounts is like being a kid in a candy store.

It's amazing for shopping. They treat you like a king. Shows our customer service up a bit.

2. jonnyt

jonnyt Senior member

That's great 999, thanks. I hadn't thought about the possibility of finding bargains, just seeing the full range. I hope the old flagship will still be open when I visit.

3. migsy999

migsy999 Senior member

Pretty sure it will. I can't see it closing for any reason unless the rent is a problem.

They need somewhere in japan to shift old season stock. There isn't a Marrkt type website in japan for Cabourn to sell old stock.

It's quite easy to miss as it's not got any signs outside, like most shops in Tokyo. Visvim, EG etc were so hard to spot. There's no signage or any clue that they exist. You have to ask really as even having google maps and the shops locations saved in my phone, I had major problems finally getting to the right spot.
    None of the independent shops are on main roads. They all seem to be down the smallest cute back streets. But they all look the same and it can be a long day just finding two or three shops.

It was great anyway. Just being in Tokyo amazing and you'll find little shops all over selling the best clothes on the planet.

4. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

[​IMG]

Fred Perry collaboration.

5. Brattman

Brattman Senior member

^The jacket looks smart!

6. zissou

zissou Senior member

Superb craftsmanship and materials. I'd say they're right on par with Cabourn, but at much more reasonable prices. Now, I just have to wait until September for a rainy day...

7. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Great to hear and glad you like it. My AW pieces are great as well. I was worried about your coat though. I just got the Seaboard in the post on Saturday and it was very disappointing. It'd have gone back either way after my Cabourn order, but I wouldn't have kept it either way as it just didn't come close to the AW offerings.

8. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

New AW14 photos, courtesy of End

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
    2 people like this.
  9. Morph

Morph Well-Known Member

Fred perry and Cabourn, my two favourite brands of all time. I am saving my pennies already but I don't think that's going to be enough.

10. Eric Gill Sans

Eric Gill Sans Senior member

The Fred Perry x Cabourn collab looks great
    Especially like the shoes
    Thanks for posting - any more info?
    If it's more at a Fred Perry price point - it will fly

11. daizawaguy

daizawaguy Senior member

The Army Gym in Naka Meguro will have the largest collection, and Isetan department Store in Shinjuku and Matsuya in Ginza will have a little less. Do visit the old flagship (along the river, called 82(?))in Naka Meguro too for sale stuff. If you're in Sendai visit the shop there, run by John Lofgren, a foreigner. Do be aware though that if you are slim, the Japanese made and patterned stuff will fit you well, but the patterns are local for their locally made stuff made for the Japanese physique. I`ve found that a 52 shirt made in Japan and made overseas (Italy) is very different. The Japanese one is a much tighter fit, with slightly shorter sleeves. They use great cottons, but after a few washes I wish I had gone one size up. They max out at 52`s with occasional 54`s.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  12. ike_hiking_boots

ike_hiking_boots Senior member

Looks like a knock-out collection. Look forward to seeing it at Covent Garden.

13. capnMURPHY2021

capnMURPHY2021 Senior member

Digging the fair isle crewneck sweater.

14. ferry

ferry Well-Known Member

Both the fred perry collab and aw14 seems to be really strong collections. Think i try to spend my money on them instead for some bargain this season.
    ..btw i sent back the business jacket to coggles, it was picked up by them on 5th of june but they don't know where it is. So it's rather a hustle jacket as I don't seem get my refund now. I was warned i know but i thought that PATIENCE was the key to get what i wanted. My first order was placed in mid mars. Sorry for taking up this subject again but thought it was worth to mention.

15. ike_hiking_boots

did you send the jacket back tracked? can you not check the tracking number?

if the courier has lost it make a claim.

if it was picked up by Coggles own courier then they are responsible and they should refund you.

16. Eric Gill Sans

Eric Gill Sans Senior member

I second these points - Ferry, do not let them get away with their incompetence and deliberate attempts to charge people for clothes they send back

And I say it again for anyone tempted - stay clear of Coggles

When buying on the internet Buy from Cabourn outlets that have bricks and mortar shops and staff that care who can physically feel and see the clothes they are selling if any problems arise

17. ferry

ferry Well-Known Member

Yes a have tracking number and it's has been delivered.. But I don't know which courier in England. First and last time I buy something from a company with the type of structure coggles have..

18. Grove

Grove Senior member

Anyone know details on the Fred Perry stuff? Where it's made, materials etc

Or is it just another branding excercise?

19. ike_hiking_boots

it has been discussed before on this thread but Coggles (Bricks & Mortars Store) went bust a while back and it is now just a mail order business.

If they have not refunded you you should contact your credit card company or PayPal and instigate a chargeback.

20. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

W14 Mallory and vest:

[​IMG]

Woven shirt as well. Looks like it's charcoal grey.

The Fred Perry collaboration is part of SS15. Really want to see the rest of SS15 though. Anyway, a few more shots from the Fred Perry collaboration:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014