• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NFL 2010 Discussion

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You E-A-G-L-E-S fans got beat today. At home. In the playoffs.

While some of you may be great human beings, my overwhelming experience with eagles fans has been extremely negative.

**** that dog-killing son-of-a-*****.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PACKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank ******* god. I was about to have a heart attack at the end.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Seahawks and Packers- NFC Championship.

You heard it here first.

(I need some more DELICIOUS salmon from Slim).

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by soxpats
I know, that would have been nice. Maybe next week.

I suppose it would help you. Green Bay did lay down the blueprint for beating you.

Crooow

Reaction score
Eagles' fans should be happy. Now Michael Vick has a full extra week to attend ASPCA rallies and demonstrate what a wonderful human being he has become.

Which, of course, is all he's ever really cared about.

Saul Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crooow
Eagles' fans should be happy. Now Michael Vick has a full extra week to attend ASPCA rallies and demonstrate what a wonderful human being he has become. Which, of course, is all he's ever really cared about.
Wow, you're still really mad about that? Can't believe people still bring up that ****. He did his time and served his penalty. Plenty of NFL players have done well worse and haven't got anywhere close to the amount of flak Vick has gotten.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saul Silver
Wow, you're still really mad about that? Can't believe people still bring up that ****.
Some people will take that to their graves. Lost on both my pics today. Damn.

BC2012

Reaction score
Wow, you're still really mad about that? Can't believe people still bring up that ****. He did his time and served his penalty. Plenty of NFL players have done well worse and haven't got anywhere close to the amount of flak Vick has gotten.

Didn't you get the memo? Dogs are more important than humans to Americans. Well, at least to humans that tend to be very unhappy with their own lives so they vicariously live through their "children" that can't talk back or **** out a kid at 17.

Interzone

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BC2012
Didn't you get the memo? Dogs are more important than humans to Americans. Well, at least to humans that tend to be very unhappy with their own lives so they vicariously live through their "children" that can't talk back or **** out a kid at 17.

What the **** are you rambling about?

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Interzone
What the **** are you rambling about?
Dogs.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
is michael vick still redeemed?

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by countdemoney

While some of you may be great human beings, my overwhelming experience with eagles fans has been extremely negative.

OMG I know did you hear they threw snowballs at Santa Claus??????

sarcasm.gif

guster

Reaction score
Please don't take this as condoning what Vick did. But I am always amazed that the Ray Lewis story rarely ever gets mentioned....

Following a Super Bowl XXXIV party in Atlanta on January 31, 2000, a fight broke out between Lewis and another group of people, resulting in the stabbing deaths of Jacinth Baker and Richard Lollar. Eleven days after Lewis and two companions, Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting, were questioned by Atlanta police, the three were indicted on murder and aggravated assault charges. The white suit Lewis was wearing the night of the killings has never been found. Prosecutors alleged that the bloodstained suit was dumped in a garbage bin outside a fast food restaurant.[25]

Lewis claimed that the prosecution knew he was not involved in the murder but chose to go ahead with the case anyway, saying "You don't care if I'm guilty or not. You gonna make sure I go to jail for life."[26]

Lewis' attorney arranged for the murder charges against Lewis to be dropped in exchange for his testimony against Oakley and Sweeting, and a guilty plea to a misdemeanor charge of obstruction of justice.[11] Lewis admitted that he gave a misleading statement to police on the morning after the killings. He was sentenced to one year of probation and was fined US$250,000 by the NFL, which was believed to be the highest fine levied against an NFL player for an infraction not involving substance abuse.[27]

Oakley and Sweeting were acquitted of the charges in June 2000.[28] No other suspects have ever been arrested for the crime.

The following year, Lewis was named Super Bowl XXXV MVP. However, the signature phrase "I'm going to Disney World!" was given instead by quarterback Trent Dilfer.

On April 29, 2004, Lewis reached a settlement with four-year-old India Lollar, born months after the death of her father Richard, preempting a scheduled civil proceeding. Lewis also reached an undisclosed settlement with Baker's family

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but I don't look to football players as moral compasses thus I don't give a rat's ass what they do off the field as long as they remain eligible to play. I just want them to be gigantic muscle bound genetic freaks capable of amazing athletic feats, nothing more. That is, unless they're on a division rival then **** those scumbag criminals!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads